Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

All You Can Jet on Jetblue - $599 for 1 month
Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

All You Can Jet on Jetblue - $599 for 1 month

Thought some travel-loving people might enjoy this deal:

All you can fly for one month for $599 on Jetblue. Limitations apply of course. Free flights from Sept 8 to Oct 8 and must purchase the pass by 8/21/09. Taxes included on domestic flights, taxes and fees extra on international flights.

http://www.jetblue.com/deals/all-you-can-jet/

I borrowed this from slickdeals, where there is a thread discussing this deal for those interested: $599 - Unlimiting travel for a month on JetBlue: All-You-Can-Jet - SlickDeals.net Forums

Jetblue flies to a surprisingly large number of domestic destinations and all over the Caribbean, plus Bermuda, Mexico, and Bogota, Columbia. From what I can tell, Boston, NYC (JFK), Washington DC (dulles), Orlando, Ft Lauderdale, and Long Beach (LA) are hubs, with some east coast cities being major hubs. Here is their destinations directory: JetBlue | Where We Jet: Flight Destinations

This seems like a stinking good deal for cheap flights (after the $600) if their routes work for you. Some of these international flights are $500-700 for me for 1 flight regularly, and if you take 2 trips, you are saving money.

FYI, reports indicate some flights are filling up quickly particularly prime weekend travel.

Enjoy! (mods, if this is overly commercial, feel free to edit/delete, etc. - but I have no affiliation with Jetblue unless I own them in a mutual fund).
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

I like Jetblue and they do have some screaming good deals.
Wish I could tear myself away to go somewhere this year!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I like Jetblue and they do have some screaming good deals.
Wish I could tear myself away to go somewhere this year!
Yeah, I wish I had a month off to visit Bermuda, a couple Caribbean islands, la Republica Dominicana, Cancun, Las Vegas, NYC, maybe even Bogota.
Old 08-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #4
Give me a forum ...

I wanna go to Cuba, really really really bad. I do not want to go to jail or pay $250k really really really bad, too, though. Drat!

I've heard Bogota is actually pretty cool, but I'd pick Cartagena--my boss went there when he was still in the service and said it was gorgeous.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Give me a forum ...

I can't wait to ER so I can take advantage of some of those neat impulse travel deals!
Meadbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:04 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

They dont fly to England or France. I got excited for a second. Back to not being excited.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #7
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notmuchlonger View Post
They dont fly to England or France. I got excited for a second. Back to not being excited.
Bermuda is pretty close to England.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #8
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
I wanna go to Cuba, really really really bad. I do not want to go to jail or pay $250k really really really bad, too, though. Drat!

I've heard Bogota is actually pretty cool, but I'd pick Cartagena--my boss went there when he was still in the service and said it was gorgeous.
There are ways to go to Cuba that are fairly safe from what I have heard. Go via Mexico, Canada, or Dominican Republic. Photocopy your passport stamp page and get imigracion to stamp that if possible. Pay cash for everything. I'm too chicken to do it, too, by the way!

Cartagena does look very nice from pics I have seen. Colombia scares me generally due to kidnapping, violence etc but that is probably an uneducated stereotype since there are undoubtedly safe and unsafe places in Colombia. I guess it doesn't help that I just watched an episode of Ross Kemp on Gangs and he was in Colombia where he interviewed a sacario - hired assassin - paid to off political or paramilitary rivals.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #9
Give me a forum ...

I think Cartagena is one of those places you don't do on the cheap. As long as you stay in the safe areas, it would be fine. Bribery is the most commonplace "crime" that I've heard about.

I know that I really questioned my judgment in Kingston Jamaica at 11pm at night when the car dropped us off at that $9 a night hostel. Admittedly, it did have bars over all the windows and the back porch was an enclosed jail cell, but the close-by shooting noises had me a bit worried. Next night--$100 room at a hotel with a guard!

If I get un-chicken, I'll let you know.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 PM   #10
Recycles dryer sheets

When I was in Turks & Caicos a couple years ago they had a group that would fly you into Cuba, guarantee they not stamp your passport, drive you around for the day and bring you back that night. I think it was around $250 USD. I heard it was a lovely trip.
JustMeUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #11
Give me a forum ...

Just finished chatting with DW about the Jetblue offer since we have a couple grand available to blow on a whim. The air fare sounds great, but does anyone have any ideas ref an itinerary that where we could cover the rest of the expenses for under one grand for meals, lodging, misc for two of us? Taking advantage of the Jetblue offer implies hitting several destinations, but finding lodging, food and misc on the cheap, and on short notice, for several destinations seems daunting. Any ideas?
Old 08-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
Recycles dryer sheets

If I was going somewhere as a tourist I would use priceline for hotels. I have never had a really bad experience with them to be honest. Check out biddingfortravel.com to see what rates you should bid and what hotels are available in each city. It has been an invaluable resource for me when using priceline.
JustMeUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 01:21 PM   #13
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbet View Post
Just finished chatting with DW about the Jetblue offer since we have a couple grand available to blow on a whim. The air fare sounds great, but does anyone have any ideas ref an itinerary that where we could cover the rest of the expenses for under one grand for meals, lodging, misc for two of us? Taking advantage of the Jetblue offer implies hitting several destinations, but finding lodging, food and misc on the cheap, and on short notice, for several destinations seems daunting. Any ideas?
Travelocity/Expedia/Orbitz/Hotwire for cheap hotels and rental cars. Maybe pick a few places that have good public transport to/from the airport where you won't need a car? I seem to recall that Tripadvisor.com has decent city by city restaurant rankings for finding some quick good cheap eats.