Another Big Island traveler - Ironman in October

gindie

Full time employment: Posting here.
Purely coincidentally, our travel agent booked us on our honeymoon in 1988 to stay at the headquarters hotel of the Ironman Triathlon on the day of the event! It's always held on a Saturday in October in the town of Kailua-Kona.

Fast forward 30 years later, my wife and I are planning our anniversary trip to be there at this year's event. It's a really amazing day, whether you are participating or just watching.

Wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

Purely coincidentally, our travel agent booked us on our honeymoon in 1988 to stay at the headquarters hotel of the Ironman Triathlon on the day of the event! It's always held on a Saturday in October in the town of Kailua-Kona.

Fast forward 30 years later, my wife and I are planning our anniversary trip to be there at this year's event. It's a really amazing day, whether you are participating or just watching.

Wondering if anybody else has experienced this?

We were there, by chance, a couple of days after it on our honeymoon in 1989, so didn't get to see any of it. We had no idea it went on except for random signs and posters still scattered about. We went for the diving and the volcano.

We're planning to go back some time but haven't yet decided when.

Back
Top Bottom