Anyone got any travel planned? 2018 version

Just had lunch yesterday with very old friends on their patio oceanfront in Qualicum Bay. The weather cooperated with a cloudless day. Sweet!

Waiting to push off to Shanghai

9ad7ac.jpg

Sitting at Shanghai airport with a 5.5 hour layover, then 5.5 hours to Thailand then a 5 hour drive to the house. Already put in 14 hours to get here and I’m dead tired, still have another 15 hours to go before my head hits a pillow, man I really dread that 14 hour flight

Booked a Zambia bush walking safari for 2019. Based in South Luangwa National Park one of the few safaris where you actually walk some of the time, so less time bumping about in a vehicle. The price about the same as a trip to the Galapagos Islands, so we made the booking with a deep breath.

Hoping to visit eastern TN, highway 81 and the towns along there, plus the smokies. I'll get a pet-friendly cabin and stay a while.

Maybe I'll go during the fall season anyhow. Like maybe Oct. I know it will be crowded, but I feel like going this year.

Just made our reservations. We're going to St Anton, Austria for a couple weeks of big bowl skiing in early february. We'll probably ski the adjacent resort Rendl as well. Staying at the 16th century Schwarzer Adler, which should be really fun, at least to this retired architect.

My DW and I have just started doing annual ski trips to places in the world we've always wanted to ski. Last year was BC Canada. I am very grateful to still be able to ski at a fairly high level at 60 yrs old, and now have the resources to do it quite comfortably. Do it while you can, don't know what tomorrow will bring. Blow that dough :)

Just made our reservations. We're going to St Anton, Austria for a couple weeks of big bowl skiing in early february. We'll probably ski the adjacent resort Rendl as well. Staying at the 16th century Schwarzer Adler, which should be really fun, at least to this retired architect.

My DW and I have just started doing annual ski trips to places in the world we've always wanted to ski. Last year was BC Canada. I am very grateful to still be able to ski at a fairly high level at 60 yrs old, and now have the resources to do it quite comfortably. Do it while you can, don't know what tomorrow will bring. Blow that dough :)

You are very lucky. I ruined my knees for skiing at 28.

DH decided last week we need to see Greece. So we are going to Greece next spring. Good times.

Off to Malawi for the third time this year. Hoping for clear skies as it is dry season and a new moon. Chance to see those stars that I seldom get to see.

Off to Malawi for the third time this year. Hoping for clear skies as it is dry season and a new moon. Chance to see those stars that I seldom get to see.

Recall being down in the Kalahari....never seen so many stars.....wanted to put the camera out on a timer....but there was a lion around.

I took a break from skiing for about 20 years, then took it up again.

Still doing one ski trip a year in my 70s, although taking it much easier these days. No more blacks, only blue and green. Avoid moguls whenever possible. Even at this gentle level, it's still a lot of fun. And the "over 70" discounts make it extra pleasant.

We are going to London in a few weeks for a few nights, Geneva/Lausanne for 6 weeks, then Barcelona for a few nights before flying back. We just added a two day trip to Stockholm Sweden to see Billy Idol and then some fine dining. YOLO!

We are headed to Quebec for a week to attend a music festival. After that wandering thru Nova Scotia and North East US, ending in Boston. Spending a couple days in Boston visiting our son (lives in Cambridge) and outlaws who live in a small town outside of Boston. Also hitting a Red Sox ball game while we are there.

My first time in North east Canada and US.

I'm still working on my tour the southwest USA for the first year of retirement before I relocate up north. Currently in the Colorado mountains to escape the desert heat spending the next few days in Aspen. In late August, I'm headed for Capitol Reef, Bryce, and the north rim of Grand Canyon.

We’re currently in New York, first ever visit. Goodness, it’s hot!

Off to Tiffany’s on 5th Ave for lunch and then we’ve tickets for Hamilton tonight. Can’t wait!

Surely better places to eat unless it has some fancy dining hall and it's about the atmosphere?

Ha ha, couldn’t get an earlier booking.

We will be coming up to NYC (mid July) for two weeks and "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and some jewelry is on our list! Doubt we will be up early enough for breakfast, so will probably do lunch as well. It is going to be expensive as we have two kiddies in tow. We have been looking at the temps as well and hope they moderate a bit.

Back
Top Bottom