Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a past mid-night flight to Barcelona tonight. It's gonna be a long flight from Hong Kong. Looking forward to a good holiday.
That sounds like a great holiday. Enjoy that trip, eat well and let us know how it goes.

Road Trip cross the USA

Senior RV.jpg

Need level roads.

Heading to China for 2 weeks at the end of the month: Hong Kong on my own (visiting DS who is studying there this semester) then Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai on a group tour (my first ever group tour, DD is joining me for that). China is not accessible for DH so I figured this was my best opportunity to see that important part of the world. Anyone have any tips?

Heading to Santiago Chile aboard the Celebrity Infinity in December. Departs Ft Lauderdale, looking forward to the Panama Canal Passage.

Palm Desert CA this weekend to participate in a 100 mile bike race then a cruise to through the Panama Canal the week of Thanksgiving.

cruise to through the Panama Canal the week of Thanksgiving.

We did the Panama Canal cruise last Thanksgiving - really great experience. The Canal is going through a lot of changes to allow larger ships to transit, so it's a very interesting time to go there. Enjoy!

DW and I are looking into going to Costa Rica with the Caravan co. Anyone have any experience with this co. or touring Costa Rica?

I intend to check out my PO box before the end of the year; my Mrs. visits it 4-6 times a week but I have to refer to my notes to decipher the combination for the box.

That sounds like a great holiday. Enjoy that trip, eat well and let us know how it goes.

It was a wonderful trip! Good sights, good food, great wine and weather was agreeable. We treated ourselves to really good hotels and that made the trip even more memorable. Barcelona is easy to get around on foot or using public transport. People are helpful and nice. I love the beach area most although Gaudi sights and Sagrada Familia are fantastic. A few photos to share.

Attachments

• Sagrada Familia.jpg
    Sagrada Familia.jpg
    605 KB · Views: 4
  • Batman at Barcelonetta.jpg
    Batman at Barcelonetta.jpg
    485.3 KB · Views: 2
  • From cable car 4.jpg
    From cable car 4.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 3
Heading to China for 2 weeks at the end of the month: Hong Kong on my own (visiting DS who is studying there this semester) then Beijing, Xi'an, Shanghai on a group tour (my first ever group tour, DD is joining me for that). China is not accessible for DH so I figured this was my best opportunity to see that important part of the world. Anyone have any tips?

Have a good trip. You will like Hong Kong. The weather is great now. Just keep an open mind to the food and culture. It is very interesting but can get too much sometimes. The city does not sleep and depending where you stay, can be bright and loud at night if you are not used to it. But it is a great city.

Paris for 3 days, cruise, then Amsterdam

In May'12 we're heading back to Paris for 3 days, then get on a cruise starting in Rouen and ending in Amsterdam. 11 nights on the cruise with no sea days, so will be visiting a lot of places. We have never booked a vacation this far out (about 6 mo.) - we usually wait til about 2 months out or so. But in this case, glad we did as we found hotels in Paris & Amsterdam are going fast because its their 'high season' - especially Amsterdam because of the flower shows. Can hardly wait!:dance:

I've been procrastinating about going to Wall Street to remove ~ 150 ounces of gold coin from a safe deposit box. Between the Occupy Wall street crowd and NYPD's stop and search it's a daunting task.
So much for the 'Home of the free'.

I've been procrastinating about going to Wall Street to remove ~ 150 ounces of gold coin from a safe deposit box. Between the Occupy Wall street crowd and NYPD's stop and search it's a daunting task.
So much for the 'Home of the free'.
What's keeping you here? Buy yourself a one way ticket to Panama or Lima.

Sorento Italy!!

My husband and i are going to sorento italy for our honeymooon this summer. I've been to sorento 2 times already and i can never get tiered of it. Best food, beautiful views, and great shopping! I highly recommend it!

Yes Sorrento is one of the finer destinations in Italy. Make sure you visit Amalfi and Capri while there.

While you are there, you may want to consider visiting, or spending some time on the island of Ishia or Ushia (sp). They can both be easily reached by ferry from Naples. Wonderful, not crowded, and very peaceful. We cannot wait to return.

Just booked our trip to Rome in February. We're staying in a hotel in the Trastevere section. This is our fifth annual trip to Italy. We've flown to Fiumicino airport all but one time, but always on the way to somewhere else. I'm excited to finally see Rome itself.

No travel planned, thank heavens!

Just got back from an 8-day cruise over Thanksgiving on Carnival Cruise lines.

The ship was full (3600 passengers) and more than 800 of them were kids. Constant running in the hallways, pushing in the buffet lines...just a sustained deafening noise from all of the unsupervised kids.

I realized on the second night when I was yelling at some kids running and screaming in the stateroom hallways at 1am that I will never sail Carnival again...and more importantly I have the ability to become a 'GET OFF MY LAWN' kinda gal!

Back at home now to the peace and quiet. And yes, I am an introvert :)

Normally LOVE cruising but on a very different kind of cruise line.

No travel planned, thank heavens!

Just got back from an 8-day cruise over Thanksgiving on Carnival Cruise lines.

The ship was full (3600 passengers) and more than 800 of them were kids. Constant running in the hallways, pushing in the buffet lines...just a sustained deafening noise from all of the unsupervised kids.

I realized on the second night when I was yelling at some kids running and screaming in the stateroom hallways at 1am that I will never sail Carnival again...and more importantly I have the ability to become a 'GET OFF MY LAWN' kinda gal!

Back at home now to the peace and quiet. And yes, I am an introvert :)

Normally LOVE cruising but on a very different kind of cruise line.
What you described is well and truly my idea of hell. So sorry to hear you were plagued by so many kids! I would have thought you might be safe this time of year from the mongrel hordes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom