Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawaii cruise

Unfortunately, we had to cancel this year's anniversary trip to Hawaii due to some health concerns. However, we got a brochure in the mail from Princess, offering a cruise to Hawaii on our anniversary next year.
The best part is there NO airports involved. We will hit the 4 major islands, and only plan to take two excursions. On Maui, I want to go to the top of Haleakala, and on the big island, take a helicopter tour over the volcanoes.
We will have a number of sea days to relax and catch up on our reading.
We set up a "day camp" on our balcony with our readers and mini speakers
(kept low) and maybe a glass of wine.
Life is good!

We will soon start planning a fall colors trip for late September, which will include a stop at Acadia National Park and Bar Harbor, ME. Intend to be gone 7-10 days. If you have suggestions, please chime in.

Did this a few years ago and we were terribly disappointed. Glacier in Montana is WAY better! We enjoyed The White Mountains of New Hampshire much more than ME!

WE are planning a European vacation in October 2018 (15-17 days). we want to visit Versailles, Ireland, Amsterdam, Stonehenge.
My question is, "is this itinerary too much, should we spend it all in Ireland.

Sample itinerary:
Fly overnight to Dublin (1 night), spend 1 week (7 nights) in Ireland.
Fly to Amsterdam, spend 2 nights.
Fly or take a train to Paris, spend 3 nights.
Fly to LHR or LGW and make your way to Stonehenge (1 day).
How to Travel to Stonehenge, England | USA Today
Retrace your steps to LHR or LGW and fly home (1 day).

You could do this, but you would be missing out on so much while you race to catch the next plane, train or automobile. IMHO, you should do this only if you are putting notches on a stick. If you want to be a real traveller, prioritize and spend more time in fewer places.

If that is enough time for you in those places, then Mead has the way to do it. I personally like to spend more time at the places I visit. I would take the whole 14-15 days for Ireland and do the rest in another trip.

-4F today and a foot of snow where we live. Supposed to get colder tomorrow.
Meeting up with daughter and family. It is -10 where they live, 2 feet of snow.

We go to Cancun tomorrow for a week. It will be good to get some beach time and some warm sun.

Eagerly awaiting our Spring trip to Romania, where we anticipate doing a fair bit of rail travel; in the interim, this:

Perfect song for the rail theme...the beat is reminiscent of a steam engine.

Perfect song for the rail theme...the beat is reminiscent of a steam engine.

The vid is well done......the speed of the train is almost imperceptibly controlled to fit the beat of the song.

Eagerly awaiting our Spring trip to Romania, where we anticipate doing a fair bit of rail travel; in the interim, this:

Just saw this. The video goes with the song and vice versa. I liked it. BTW, we're looking for the summer here. It's too damn cold in the metroplex.

I posted that video of a Norway railway with Chris Rea's song a while back. Seeing it again reminds me that I'd better start thinking about an RV trip to Alaska soon. My wife just told me again about it.

I guess she digs RV'ing now. Initially, she said she just went along to keep my company. Would not want to be in Alaska when it is that cold though, but spending a couple of months there in the summer would be OK. Perhaps celebrate the Summer Solstice there. Or join in the Midnight Sun Run in Fairbanks?

I posted that video of a Norway railway with Chris Rea's song a while back.

I must've missed that post of yours....I do recall you posting his Curse Of The Traveler...another great one....ah, all of his stuff is great!

Upcoming Whistler/Blackcomb 8 day ski trip, Feb 2018
With he dearth of snow here in the western US, looking forward to getting up there.

Upcoming Whistler/Blackcomb 8 day ski trip, Feb 2018
With he dearth of snow here in the western US, looking forward to getting up there.

We have tons of snow in BC. Tons!!!

Go to Captain Tony's while in Key West ( our hangout ) then go to Sandy's for the best Cuban sandwich in Key West . Duval has a lot of places to have a good time.

Have 3 US road trips in the planning stage.

1. Northern route Chicago - Phoenix through Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, Nevada
2. Southern route Chicago - Phoenix through Missouri, Arkansas, Texas (Dallas- ElPaso), New Mexico
3. East Coast. Fly to New York City, then drive rental car south through Carolinas, Georgia, northern Florida, Alabama, Mississippi to New Orleans. Then fly home

A week cruise in the Caribbean next week with no intention of leaving the ship. Just visits to the fitness room, reading some books, and relaxing in the Thallasatherapy pool and steam rooms. Then flying to Iceland for a couple of weeks in May.

Cheers!

We're discussing a Cuba cruise this year. I've never been to Cuba and would welcome advice.

We're discussing a Cuba cruise this year. I've never been to Cuba and would welcome advice.
Was there in 1974 when Brezhnev visited:

Wasn't impressed, just another Caribbean island...never been, (or wanted to go), back.........but the people next door go every year. Why? Beats me.

Love this thread,but it is getting slow to open. Mods...how about closing it and starting a new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom