Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #501
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Showoff!<snort>
Those guys picked the right day to protest - it's beautiful outside!
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2012, 01:08 PM   #502
Gone but not forgotten

I will be spending a few weeks in Chautauqua County New York . I rented a cabin on a lake and will be taking care of my grandson while his Mom takes care of his new baby brother . We will swim ,fish ,boat and have daiy visits to the playground . I will be totally exhausted but happy when I return.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:44 PM   #503
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemg View Post
I will be spending a few weeks in Chautauqua County New York . I rented a cabin on a lake and will be taking care of my grandson while his Mom takes care of his new baby brother . We will swim ,fish ,boat and have daiy visits to the playground . I will be totally exhausted but happy when I return.

Congratulations on your new grandson and have fun with your other one! I can't wait to be with our granddaughter again.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #504
Full time employment: Posting here.

DW and I just got back from a 10 day tour of Costa Rica. Wonderful vacation and a great tour co. Costa Rica is an amazing country. Can't wait to go back.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #505

This probably doesn't appeal to anyone but me, but in May I'm going with my sister-in-law and nephew to Disney World so my nephew can go to Star Wars Weekend. He's in college in film, so he can go to all the events, while my SIL and I relax and hang out.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #506
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
This probably doesn't appeal to anyone but me, but in May I'm going with my sister-in-law and nephew to Disney World so my nephew can go to Star Wars Weekend. He's in college in film, so he can go to all the events, while my SIL and I relax and hang out.
I always enjoy Disney world . Of course it's a two hour drive for me and they offer special rates to Florida residents .
Old 03-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally View Post
I have been to Disney World several times and I always enjoy it. Went to Disneyland this past summer with 3 year old granddaughter and it is great to see things through her eyes. We plan to take her to Disney World one of these years.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #508

Me daughter and I are planning a trip to Disneyland with our 5 grandchildren again. I love going with them so much. I've always gone at least once a year since i was young, because my dad worked as an animator on Bambi and Fantasia in the 40's, before he joined the Army in WWII. He was an artist the rest of his life, but still respected Disney. So my brothers and I enjoy going to the parks and seeing each other once a year at the same time.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:48 PM   #509

Shenandoah in april, Smoky Mountains in june and Yellowstone in august.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #510
Give me a forum ...

If anyone traveling gets frustrated about airline policies and the no perks conditions these days, watch this video for a good laugh before you fly.

"No Frills Airline" starring Carol Burnett, Harvey Korman, and Tim Conway

http://www.youtube.com/v/QCz8he36hsk&hl=en%22
Old 03-20-2012, 06:25 AM   #511
gone traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
Showoff!<snort>
"From my office" ...

Regardless of the location (be it anywhere in the world), that's a view I would never want to see again
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #512
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescueme View Post
"From my office" ...

Regardless of the location (be it anywhere in the world), that's a view I would never want to see again
I think it is pretty sweet getting paid to stare out the window at the young coeds sunning on the balconies at the apartment complex on the other side of the parking lot. Now where are my binoculars...

#notapeeper
Old 03-24-2012, 09:57 AM   #513
Confused about dryer sheets

I'm going to bali in 2 months, trip was cancelled due to tsunami (was scared to go back), but now I'm finally going!
Old 03-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #514
Give me a forum ...

No and yes. Being a teacher I have always had to travel during 'prime time'. So my first summer will be spent at home enjoying a wonderful Summer in my local area. Then in the Fall, a trip to see some Fall colors. The Spring may see me somewhere near the Mediterranean. No more HOT Summer vacations for me.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:20 AM   #515

DW will test out her new titanium hip joints in June when we take a tour that covers Mount Rushmore, Little Big Horn, Yellowstone, Grand Tetons with Snake River float trip, Oregon Trail and Salt Lake City. We will be travelling with my sister and brother-in-law. Should be beautiful scenery and good company. Looking forward to it.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #516

Off to Paris and Loire Valley for two weeks tomorrow.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:34 AM   #517
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Off to Paris and Loire Valley for two weeks tomorrow.
You will love it! I did a similar trip several years ago. It was great fun and very interesting.

The worst decisions are usually made in times of anger and impatience.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:37 AM   #518

We are taking our lives into our hands and going on a 5-night Carnival Cruise out of Port Canaveral next week. It's Spring Break for the elementary school kids I babysit so DH and I decided Wed we should go somewhere. Many college kids are also on Spring Break so it should be interesting on the boat.

We haven't cruised for about 14 years and our other 3 cruises were 7-night cruises on RCCL. We figure we will have the boat to ourselves if we are out and about before noon!

It's nice to be able to drive to the port (from Tampa area) and not have to fly. We found parking for $5 a day at the Canaveral Radisson so the whole trip will be quite economical if we don't do too much drinking on the boat.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #519

Taking the Amtrak Coast Starlight from Northern California to Vancouver, BC. sometime in late April. First time on the train, I usually drive up.

Will spend a week there before returning the same way.

I hear the scenery is spectacular, so it should be a relaxing and fun trip.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 PM   #520
Recycles dryer sheets

Going to Italy in May.
Closed Thread