Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cruise

Leaving Saturday for a 2 week cruise on Celebrity Eclipse out of Fort Lauderdale/

Will visit Oranjestad, Aruba, St. George's, Grenada, Castries, St. Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados, St. Johns, Antigua, Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Labadee, Haiti and Nassau.
Most of the ports will be a first for us.

love being out in the ocean.

Looking forward to it...

I'm going first to Kansas City for the holidays and then to Disneyland in January.:)

Wear comfortable shoes. I've not been to a Disney park before. Just had my 62nd birthday. I thought it was about time for a little magic in my life. Having fun!

I hope you enjoy it. I go once or twice a year to either Disneyland or WDW with my grandchildren or my sister-in-law. My dad used to work at Disney in the 1940's as an animator, so our whole family likes to go.

We stayed at Port Orleans at WDW in 1994. We enjoyed it. It was a moderate resort. Took our granddaughter to Disneyland a couple of years ago when she was living in CA. I need to plan a trip to Walt Disney World in the next year or so, since she is now back on the east coast.

We like Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter. They cost about $140 a night, maybe a little less with a sale. They are both quieter and very nice. As Dreamer said, they are considered "moderates". I've stayed at the value resorts once and it's very noisy with school groups, church groups, and smaller rooms. They cost about $120, so for me, it's worth the difference for more peaceful surroundings. They have beautiful deluxe resorts, but they are usually in the $300+ range. If you stay at any WDW hotel, they will pick you and your luggage up for free and put your luggage straight in your room. They will also take you back to the airport free and once you give them your luggage at the hotel, you never see it again until you get home.
This is probably all more than you want to know, but if you ever want more info, send me a message. I know way more about this that a person should! haha

Last edited:
Thanks Ally and Dreamer. We like "moderates" too and the ones mentioned sound like they give very good service. I'm glad you mentioned the school groups and such because I've forgotten how many kids are in the hotels there. Nice if they are yours but sometimes can be a bit annoying if they are too rambunctious.

I don't notice the groups in the mods, just in the values. The trouble with school groups is that there are often few adults for a group of 50 or so teens. So even without misbehaving, they can be quite noisy.

I'm at the Contempory...the one with the monorail going through it. My first trip toDW and I wanted something easy for transportation. Just splurged a little....

Where is a good place to stay at Disney World? Was there about 25 years ago.

I'm at the Contempory...the one with the monorail going through it. My first trip toDW and I wanted something easy for transportation. Just splurged a little....

Our favorites were the cabins (mobile homes) at Fort Wilderness - each cabin included a small kitchen, living area, bathroom and a bedroom with a double bed and bunk bed. Was perfect for us and two kids. We stocked up on breakfast makings and had breakfast at the cabin and then went off touring for the day. Easy access to Magic Kingdom as I recall.

See Rates & Room Types | The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort | Walt Disney World Resort

We also splurged and stayed at Contemporary once too. I liked it. However, IIRC the balcony railings we wider than code at the time so we were on red alert all the time with DS crawling around.

I have always wanted to stay at the Grand Floridian. We have had the character breakfast there, but never stayed there.

The Christmas decorations are up. Very nice time of the year for DW. Wish I could post a picture but can't right now. Very Merry Christmas tonight...it was snowing on Main Street. Three more days then heading home.

PB4uski, my daughter and I are planning to drive our 5 grandchildren to WDW in 2013. We have been thinking of the cabins as a possible option, since our husbands will fly in and that makes 9 people for two cabins. It looks like there is more privacy and outdoor play area.

I bet the holiday decorations are nice. I heard the Osborn lights are great.

Those cabins look nice. Kitchens and separate bedrooms make a big difference, especially when children are in the group. We have another couple of years before our grandchildren are "Disney age" but when we're there I will definitely look at this option.

We are doing 4 trips this coming year: 2 weeks in California in February, 2 weeks in Italy in April, 1 week at a lake house in New Hampshire during the summer, and then a 3-4 week roadtrip down the eastern coast and over to the Hilton Head area in Sept/Oct. I would be on the road 6 months of the year if I could get my hub to agree.

Next year we will do 4 weeks in Aus/NZL. :)

Leaving for France/Switzerland tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a white Christmas. Good food, good wine, and lots of family fun are on the program.

We just booked a trek on the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu in Peru in May 2013. The trek is 4 days of a 2 week trip we are planning. I can't wait! Hiking the Inca Trail is one of my travel bucket list items...

We just booked a trek on the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu in Peru in May 2013. The trek is 4 days of a 2 week trip we are planning. I can't wait! Hiking the Inca Trail is one of my travel bucket list items...

You will love Peru! If you have any open spots in your itinerary, I'd be happy to suggest some fun places--we crossed the whole country over the course of our month there in January. What a stunning place!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom