Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
just returned from the Holy land. Way cool! Never have I ever wanted to return to a country more.

had to rough it in coach, but the $350 RT tickets took a little of the burn out the cramped seats.

Started planning a trip to Philadelphia in April. It is for work, but I'll have time in the evenings and the last day before flying out to hopefully see some of the sights downtown ("center city"??). It has been on my list of places to see but we have never been there (even though it isn't that far away from us). And in this case, work is picking up the whole tab and I get paid to be there.

Long weekend in the Villages in April to check it out.

Two week cruise in May in the Aegean leaving from Venice.

Another long weekend in June for family reunion in the TX hill country.

Then a month of renting in The Village in July (if we like it in April) to see if we can stand the heat/humidity of central FL in mid-summer. If the answer is yes we like it and can stand the climate we're planning to buy a second home there.

W@rk so gets in the way of having fun!

Back to Kansas City -right between the two midwest snow storms - ya gotta love the weather channel. The ole Chevy missed all the bad storms - Hot Springs, AR, New Orleans, Breau Bridge, San Antonio, Port Aransas and back to KCK. 14 days.

heh heh heh - 81 degrees(Gulf) to shoveling snow. :LOL::dance:

Mazatlan in March.

Driving vacation in May/June.

Peru (dream trip) in September.

March is here, only 3 weeks to go before our next extended vacation. We leave on March 29th for England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain, France, Norway, Iceland and The Faroe Islands. Back in September, and the only flight will be from England to Marjorca, the rest is via ship, train and automobile.

March is here, only 3 weeks to go before our next extended vacation. We leave on March 29th for England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain, France, Norway, Iceland and The Faroe Islands. Back in September, and the only flight will be from England to Marjorca, the rest is via ship, train and automobile.

Have a great time !

It sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope you both have a wonderful time!

It sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope you both have a wonderful time!
Thanks, DW has worked really hard on organizing this, she is a great "travel agent."

A Phoenix trip in March or April, and Vegas in May. I have to see the Pawn Stars in action.

We stopped by. It was disappointing. We were at their shop 2+ years ago, and it was nice. THIS time, a month ago, it was loaded with crap ... ummmm.... souveniers from the show. Chumlee tee-shirts. Pawn Stars key chains. Etc. Most of the cool stuff is gone. The shop now seems to be about the show. Alsok, there is a 15-20 minute wait to get into the shop. Oh well... success ruins so much.

Ah I was thinking of Majorca for late April but its still supposedly pretty rainy.

Going to London instead, but there should be things to do indoors if the weather isn't great.

Wow! I am soooo envious of all the fun & frolic with the travel & cheap airfare too! :flowers:

We did not take a vacation last year while I fixed up the last of my bldgs for sale, so we are sneaking in a trip this month to Little Cayman Island --
this is our 3rd time there, but it is incredibly relaxing & lotsa diving (3 dives a day) along the Bloody Bay wall (Bloody Bay Wall - Little Cayman - Reviews of Bloody Bay Wall - TripAdvisor).
THis is my last pre-Fire trip....after that, well --- who let the Dogs Out?!? :ROFLMAO:

Hoping to go visit Indonesia in June/July & Bora Bora (my special request...tee hee :blush:) in September for my BIG B-Day....
Starting ER with a Big BANG!:D

Ah I was thinking of Majorca for late April but its still supposedly pretty rainy.

Going to London instead, but there should be things to do indoors if the weather isn't great.

We'll be in Majorca in April, rain or shine, but I agree with you that London is a much better place to be when it is wet.

Wow, that even sounds better than my 3 days in Idaho! I hope you provide a trip report (with photos) for us.

All of these trips sound so good. I don't have anything planned right now. I hope everyone has a wonderful time and trip reports and pictures would be nice.

Family holiday (mum, 5 sisters and yours truly) to Taiwan for a week. Boarding my flight tomorrow. We spent a week last year in Taiwan and like it so much we are going again. Took a fair bit of organizing getting our 8 seater van and driver, deciding and agreeing on the route, hotels and activities.

3 day getaway to Monterrey in mid April and 7 day cruise in the south Carib next February with a bunch of other friends (no - not on Carnival). These are in addition to her yearly girls trip to Phoenix in February and my annual guys golf weekend in August.

We haven't taken a trip together for a couple years so it's nice to have some upcoming stuff planned.

Retired on Friday and DH and I plan on heading out in our fifth wheel the first week of April for our first big trip:
  • a few nights in Atlantic City to watch DD run her first half-marathon
  • a few nights in VA visiting DD and other family
  • then off to Nasheville, TN to pick up the Natchez Trace heading south. Hope to spend a week or so driving/bike riding/camping in that area.
  • then to New Orleans for a week or so
  • then to the Houston, TX area for a week or so
  • a few days around San Antonio, TX
  • then a couple weeks heading home via Shreveport, Memphis, Nasheville
  • stop in VA again to visit DD
  • Home (NH) by early June
Suggestions of sights to see in any of these areas welcomed!

We like history, nature, walking tours of cities, just about anything "neat to see". Not big into "places to shop".

I hear Vicksburg might be worth stopping by and we want to get the the Johnson Space Center. Everything else seems to be whatever catches out eye at this point. I know they say the Alamo can be "disappointing" - but we will stop by and see it.

Retired on Friday and DH and I plan on heading out in our fifth wheel the first week of April for our first big trip:
  • a few nights in Atlantic City to watch DD run her first half-marathon
  • a few nights in VA visiting DD and other family
  • then off to Nasheville, TN to pick up the Natchez Trace heading south. Hope to spend a week or so driving/bike riding/camping in that area.
  • then to New Orleans for a week or so
  • then to the Houston, TX area for a week or so
  • a few days around San Antonio, TX
  • then a couple weeks heading home via Shreveport, Memphis, Nasheville

We like history, nature, walking tours of cities, just about anything "neat to see". Not big into "places to shop".

I hear Vicksburg might be worth stopping by and we want to get the the Johnson Space Center. Everything else seems to be whatever catches out eye at this point. I know they say the Alamo can be "disappointing" - but we will stop by and see it.
We love the Natchez Trace Parkway and have travelled it from Nashville to Natchez a few times. It is the quickest and most direct route from from Nashville to Natchez, even though the speed limit is 50 MPH. Many people bike on the Trace and there are parallel bike trails on some parts. Nice campgrounds (no hook ups, no reservations) at Jeff Busby and Rocky Springs in MS. Rocky Springs fills up with Canadians this time of the year.

There are several antebellum mansions open for tours in Natchez. MR. D's Restaurant in Lorman a short distance from the Trace is worth a stop.

The Commemoration of the 150th anniversary of the Siege of Vicksburg has been moved from July to Memorial Day so as to not compete with the 150th anniversary commemoration of the Battle of Gettysburg in July. Also, it's rather warm in July at Vicksburg.

Can't speak to the southern portion of your trip, but if you havn't been there before, I'd highly recommend a stop by Newport, RI on the way back to your neighborhood to tour some the summer palaces of the gilded age crowd from late 1800's to early 1900's. It's really an interesting peak into another time and another lifestyle. The historical society that runs them does a very good job. Docents seemed very well informed when we last went there. Newport also has an interesting historic area with more modest colonial architecture (away from the mansions) to walk around if you're into that.

Newport Mansions | The Preservation Society of Newport County

Have a great trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom