Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been in Mexico for the past 3.5 months, and will be here 6 or so weeks longer (not sure yet.) Afterwards we are headed to Guatemala and onward through the rest of Latin America

Here is a favorite photo of where we are now in Puerto Escondido, Mexico. We went to a secluded beach to release baby turtles into the sea and the sunset was magical (hopefully the file shrink to upload didn't mess with the view)

2013-Sea-Turtle-MX-002-328-1024x678.jpg

We and three other trailers are off on a trip to Branson, MO in three weeks. From there we split up and two of use will head to St. Louis; Hannable; Springfield, Il.; Mt. Rushmore; Custer Battlefield; Yellowstone; Grand Tetons and then back home to California. Probably 6 weeks total.

I just booked my flight ticket to go back to Central America to run a free clinic. Will see up to 1,000 patients. One RN may come with me. Looking forward to the trip. This time I will post pictures here on my return.

Puerto Escondido is very nice. Great picture. Went there several years ago to surf.

Leaving for southern Nicaragua tonight for an awesome surf trip. Waves are pumping now and forecasted to get even bigger in the next several days. I'm stoked about that.

Heading to Turks and Caicos a few weeks after Nica. Relaxation and rum drinks on Provinciales. ER is grand!

Off to Boston in the morning to run the marathon on Monday. At 200+ a night it's a big splurge but it's a great weekend for a runner, even a bum like me.

Off to Boston in the morning to run the marathon on Monday. At 200+ a night it's a big splurge but it's a great weekend for a runner, even a bum like me.
Good luck!!

Just got back from a day in La Cruz MX to show our guests from Ontario how the marina compares to theirs in Midland where they keep their Hunter 49. The comparison was very good. They retire Dec 14. So planning ahead.

In Nicaragua now. Swell is pumping. Taking panga out to a point break that hopefully can handle the size. Just have to paddle out thru the shore break to get to the boat. Oh boy!

Some famous surfers arrive at our camp later today. We were asked not to spread the word on the Internet. Makes me want to do it. Are people really going to rush to the airport and travel down the dirt roads together here to watch?

We have Bunaken on the agenda with Lembeh for a vacation in the next year or 2. We are avid scuba divers & have never done the "muck diving" that is done at Lembeh - supposed to be a great experience. This July we are going to Bali & Wakatobi in South Eastern Sulawesi Indonesia. This is our second time there, but it is very relaxing & beautiful & some very unique fish (& sea snakes - they don't bother us).:)

NWL, Welcome back to Indonesia, then! How can sea snakes not bother you? Even Indiana Jones didn't like snakes, and these are very poisonous ones you can't run from! ;) We will be in the states for DD's college graduation and annual home leave then. We met a family coming back to Jakarta from Lembeh on our delayed return flight. They had spent a long weekend and raved about the place!

We won't be doing the worldwide traveling that most of you are doing after retiring. Prior to retiring we took trips regularly to either the Cancun area (actually further South) and the Caribbean. After so many trips we got tired of the hassle of flying and Customs (going and coming back). At one point in our life we was flying from Charleston, SC to Gulfport, MS every three weeks for two years for work. This wears on you after a while.

We now are having a Tiffin motorhome being built and will be taking our first trip in it at the end of May for 17 nights to the Alabama Gulf Coast and the Emerald Coast of Florida. Who knows we may not come home then and just keep going for a while. There are several longer trips that we want to take next year. One of these will be all the way around Florida with a longer stay over in Key West.

Last edited:
Central & Eastern European Trip

DW and I are taking most of June to travel through a number of the old Imperial cities: Prague, Krakow, Budapest, and Lviv, Ukraine. DW is 1st Gen Ukrainian/American, and has relatives in Ukraine. She speaks Ukie, Polish. and Russian, making the trip easier. We plan four overnight sleeper train trips in a 22 day itinerary. We've got to pack light/efficiently because we're on our own.:greetings10:

DW and I are taking most of June to travel through a number of the old Imperial cities: Prague, Krakow, Budapest, and Lviv, Ukraine. DW is 1st Gen Ukrainian/American, and has relatives in Ukraine. She speaks Ukie, Polish. and Russian, making the trip easier. We plan four overnight sleeper train trips in a 22 day itinerary. We've got to pack light/efficiently because we're on our own.:greetings10:
Sounds great...have a ball!

Reubenray, I hope you post pics of your motorhome and of photos along the way on your trip.

Doug, that is way cool-we are going through Czech, Hungary, Romania, and Ukraine in July and WISH we had a native speaker with us! But we will be mostly relying on hand gestures and big smiles instead! Hope I get to hear your reports before we take off!

Nothing exotic, but my daughter and I will be driving her 5 children across the country in September. We will take them to lots of sights, museums, etc, ending in Florida. We plan to take them to the beach, Disney World, then drive back a different route and see more on the way back.

Me and the boys are heading to Panama for a week of fishing next week. The lodge down there is great. The owner of the lodge is an ex-executive chef and the food is unbelievable. Lobster, tuna, fresh fruit, and plenty of adult beverages is probably what I am looking forward to the most! My DW just booked a cruise to Belize so that is next. Funny how the timing worked out on the cruise. :)

I retired last April 1st. I liked the idea of doing it on "Fool's Day".

My wife is joining me in retirement bliss at the end of April. We are going to Rome and Andalucia for a few weeks in May.

Can't wait to go!

Hubby and I are taking one final trip before we PCS this summer, off to Vieques for a long weekend!

But we will be mostly relying on hand gestures and big smiles instead!
I recall reading a comment, (many, many years ago), by Louis Armstrong in response to being asked how he got along overseas.....his reply, IIRC, was "I'm the pointingest cat you ever did see". :LOL:

In June I'm taking my 10 1/2 year old grandaughter on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean...her first cruise and first time out of the country. I can't wait to see everything again but through her eyes!

At the airport headed for Venice, Italy. We're taking a cruise on Celebrity...this time tomorrow we'll be checking into the Gritti Palace for a night of pampering before we board the ship. :)

We took that Celebrity cruise back in 2005. We did shore excursions independently using fellow travelers we met on Cruise Critic. Rented a car in Barcelona and spent 3 weeks in eastern/southern Spain, flying back from Malaga.

The best decision was to take the hydrofoil from Naples to Sorrento to meet our van driver. It enabled us to do the Amalfi Coast and visit Pompeii in one day.

In June I'm taking my 10 1/2 year old grandaughter on a 7 day cruise in the Caribbean...her first cruise and first time out of the country. I can't wait to see everything again but through her eyes!

I'd be happy to see anything without prescription lenses with bifocals... :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom