Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying into Cancun later this month and will probably spend some time in a few of the towns south of there, maybe even hop the ferry over to Cozumel for a few days. Not many firm plans yet except for a lot of time spent wandering the beaches and watching the ocean.

Let me know if you have any questions about Cozumel. DW and I FIRE'd here in late May. Enjoy your visit!

We are going to be in Cozumel for a day on a cruise in February. Some years ago we did the Carlos and Charlies thing along with shopping. Not much of shoppers anyway.

This time we are thinking of a day pass to the Nachi Cocom resort. $55 pp drinks lunch and use of facilities/beach for the day.

Any other ides would be appreciated.

Flying into Cancun later this month and will probably spend some time in a few of the towns south of there, maybe even hop the ferry over to Cozumel for a few days. Not many firm plans yet except for a lot of time spent wandering the beaches and watching the ocean.

Let me know if you head over this way and the first margarita is on me.

We are going to be in Cozumel for a day on a cruise in February. Some years ago we did the Carlos and Charlies thing along with shopping. Not much of shoppers anyway.

This time we are thinking of a day pass to the Nachi Cocom resort. $55 pp drinks lunch and use of facilities/beach for the day.

Any other ides would be appreciated.

You might want to consider Paradise Beach as an alternative. Free admittance but they expect you to eat/drink a minimum of $10 pp per day. They also charge $2/day for lounge chairs. A bucket of 4 beers for $17. I would think you could have a great time here and still not spend $110 on food and drink. Very nice facilities, especially the pool area which is about one year old.

Cozumel beaches - Paradise Beach Cozumel beach clubs

You might want to consider Paradise Beach as an alternative. Free admittance but they expect you to eat/drink a minimum of $10 pp per day. They also charge $2/day for lounge chairs. A bucket of 4 beers for $17. I would think you could have a great time here and still not spend $110 on food and drink. Very nice facilities, especially the pool area which is about one year old.

Cozumel beaches - Paradise Beach Cozumel beach clubs

Thanks!! I will check it out.

I'm going to the Mayan Riviera (the Grand Bliss) for one week in December to top up my vitamin D levels. I have not visited this part of Mexico, so suggestions are welcome. Tulum? Chichen Itza? Xcaret?

This is an exchange through the Registry Collection. I still have 400 points to play with and they are adding new places all the time. The Pronghorn resort in Bend, OR and the Stablewood resort near San Antonio, TX both look good......:cool:

Last edited:
Almost time for our (DW and I) annual trip to Baja Mexico. I plan of spending many hours beachside and poolside reviewing plans and scenarios for my pending ER in 2014. I have been going to the Baja since the late 80's, and sometimes it surprises me how much this Canadian guy has grown to love Mexico and its people.

Eventually, I plan to spend 4 or 5 months of my ER down there... cost of living is easily half of that of Canada. Just one more reason ER will be possible at my tender young age. :)

I'm going to the Mayan Riviera (the Grand Bliss) for one week in December to top up my vitamin D levels. I have not visited this part of Mexico, so suggestions are welcome. Tulum? Chichen Itza? Xcaret?

This is an exchange through the Registry Collection. I still have 400 points to play with and they are adding new places all the time. The Pronghorn resort in Bend, OR and the Stablewood resort near San Antonio, TX both look good......:cool:

Tulum is close by and well worth a visit. Absolutely beautiful setting perched high on the bluffs overlooking the Caribbean.

Chichen Itza is certainly worth the visit but is approx 5 hour drive round trip. Lots of good tour operators who run buses over there and back for a reasonable price. Good time of year to visit temp wise too as it can be terribly hot there during the summer months.

Have not been to Xcaret yet but have heard good things about it and Xel Ha.

Have a great trip!

UK in October, just back from Florida / Georgia / Carolinas / Bahamas

I've been to England before but never Ireland. Thinking about 2 weeks between the two of them. Any suggestions on whether or not I should overnight in Bath?

It has been done, you know.
img_1357248_0_39135d5aad8062d5d520aca9026cb893.jpg

Flying off in a few days time to Bordeaux for >a week of wine and dine. Having read 2 books on wine and Bordeaux, I am so looking forward to this trip. Took me quite some planning. Been coughing the past 3 weeks and throat is kind of sensitive. Just hope I won't start coughing again and can enjoy my wine and food.

Enjoy but try some lemon & honey to sooth that throat

Went online to British airlines and found a great deal ..... 1452 for flight from SF + 5 nights at a 5★ + full breakfast. Actually cheaper to do 2 trips (England now -- Ireland in a month --maybe Paris after that) FIREd has definite benefits. No vacation request needed :)

You're mostly all pretty lucky living where you do, geographically, as down here in NZ we're quite isolated. Our next trip (end of next week) is Adelaide, Australia for ten days and then we have another ten days booked in February to Tasmania.

The Pacific Islands and Aussie are our "shorthaul" destinations.

Annienz, NZ is beautiful. I really enjoyed all my holidays there. I also spent >a week in Tasmania and really enjoyed myself there. The scenery is so beautiful and oysters are fantastic. I look back at pictures taken in Tasmania and south NZ - those are really scenic. Enjoy yourself!

I *had* travel planned to fly home yesterdsy, but the Midwest weather had other ideas so I found myself in a hotel for an unplanned extra day. Try it again today.

I am right now sitting in a hotel restaurant swilling coffee, watching CNN and messaging with a friend back home. I told her my goal is to get as nervous, jumpy, and angry as possible before I get on a plane.

Kidding aside, stuff like this rolls off much more easily when you're not working :)

Two and a half weeks in Madeira Is. and Lisbon, Portugal planned for late October. So excited.

Got back from BC wine country. Sampled many good vintages. Bought 6 bottles.

Came back to friends from Toronto visiting. Went to Whistler for a day trip yesterday. Then had a BBQ on the patio last night. All good.

Early August we took a 'tour' in Canadian Rockies...starting with an o/n stay on VIA trains in a sleeper cabin?...had bunk beds that were assembled by the porter at night. Just one night and about 2 half days..arriving in Jasper. Visited Banff, Lake Louise...staying in Beautiful Fairmont Hotels. We thought very pricey it was fun and accommodations great. Next, in Nov. we are off to Europe...first Rome for a few days where we have booked a Segway Tour just for fun (they have assured us its easy..with training!)...then a cruise mostly seeing Spain. We love to cruise....despite what some say, we do see alot and in a very comfortable way! Next yr. we may do one more driving vacation to see parts of the wine areas inFrance...we'll see!

DW and I will be in Halifax, NS this weekend (Thu-Sun). I have a meeting Friday but otherwise there for pleasure. Any local suggestions for food/drink/music?

Flying off in a few days time to Bordeaux for >a week of wine and dine. Having read 2 books on wine and Bordeaux, I am so looking forward to this trip. Took me quite some planning. Been coughing the past 3 weeks and throat is kind of sensitive. Just hope I won't start coughing again and can enjoy my wine and food.
I think a trip like yours and maybe a similar one to Italy could easily make it to my bucket list. Let me know how it goes. I would be interested in details also.

Bon voyage and Bon appetite!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom