Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loading my bags in the car to head out to Dulles to catch a flight to Italy for a bike trip. Looking pretty good so far. Wish me luck.

Screw you Irene!

Loading my bags in the car to head out to Dulles to catch a flight to Italy for a bike trip. Looking pretty good so far. Wish me luck.

Screw you Irene!

Arrivederci!

Planning to visit 2 cities - Oslo and Barcelona end Sept/Oct. Flights more or less settled. Have to check on accomodation, sight-seeing and restaurants.

Going back to Guatemala and El Salvador November 29. Will be part of a medical mission there. We will use a mobile clinic to see patients. Thank you to those on this website who have offered to send medicines to our hotel there. We will make good use of them.

Moscyn said:
Planning to visit 2 cities - Oslo and Barcelona end Sept/Oct. Flights more or less settled. Have to check on accomodation, sight-seeing and restaurants.

Barcelona is amazing! Do not miss the Sagrada Familia cathedral. As you may know, it is still under construction and has been for 125 years. Even though it is unfinished inside visitors are allowed to enter (for a fee). Do not pass on this opportunity! As fantastic as the exterior of this building is, you have got to see it's interior. It is extraordinary.

Have a great trip!

We leave for southern France this evening where we have a house rented for a week. On our way back, we stop in Paris for four days. I am pretty jazzed about it. I always am no matter if I've been to a destination before or not. With retirement on the near horizon, I will never take these opportunities for granted.

Flying to salt lake city from SoCal to do the jackson hole , grand teton, yellowstone thing this upcoming week.

I'm renting a jeep which is more $ but I found it to be worth it for the extra fun factor when I jeeped around before in hawaii on the big island.. (thanks btw to the board for suggestions on the trip in a different thread)

Barcelona is amazing! Do not miss the Sagrada Familia cathedral. As you may know, it is still under construction and has been for 125 years. Even though it is unfinished inside visitors are allowed to enter (for a fee). Do not pass on this opportunity! As fantastic as the exterior of this building is, you have got to see it's interior. It is extraordinary.

Have a great trip!

If you are interested in sports. Barcelona is arguably the best soccer team in the world at the moment. Catching a game at the Camp Nou might be fun.

el Camp Nou by Seracat, on Flickr

I'm flying to Denver next Thursday (9/22/11) and heading up to Rocky Mtn. National Park until Tuesday. I haven't been there since 1975. If the forecast is correct we will have nice sunny weather and around 70 degrees at the lower altitudes.

Have a great trip!

Thanks. I just received word of something amiss in our timing for this trip :( I am so keen on visiting Barcelona after researching and choosing to stay in a really nice hotel. Looks like we may have to change our destination and make a shorter trip this time to a closer destination. Will keep you all posted as to decision.

December 9th is our next trip. I'm an avid Oakland Raiders fan. We attend a Raider game in a different city each year...this will be our 9th. It will probably be very cold in Green Bay on December 11th. :LOL:

I'm flying to Denver next Thursday (9/22/11) and heading up to Rocky Mtn. National Park until Tuesday. I haven't been there since 1975. If the forecast is correct we will have nice sunny weather and around 70 degrees at the lower altitudes.

Make sure you bring warm cloths, Helen. It won't be 70 in RMNP. I was just up there last weekend and it was quite cool. It might get to 70 in Estes Park, probably cooler in Grand Lake - depending on which side of the park you come from. Have fun. This is my favorite place in the Rocky's.

Going to Kansas City in October to visit our son's family.:)

December 9th is our next trip. I'm an avid Oakland Raiders fan. We attend a Raider game in a different city each year...this will be our 9th. It will probably be very cold in Green Bay on December 11th. :LOL:
Do you walk around town with your face painted black and silver? The Raiders came here to beat us in a recent exhibition game, and the town was full of middle aged people made up with silver and black faces. Dedicated fans!

Likely any strong high school team coujld beat the Seahawks this year, or at least shut down our offense.

Ha

Do you walk around town with your face painted black and silver? The Raiders came here to beat us in a recent exhibition game, and the town was full of middle aged people made up with silver and black faces. Dedicated fans!

Likely any strong high school team coujld beat the Seahawks this year, or at least shut down our offense.

Ha
No face paint, but I do wear full Raider gear/clothes.

Many people tell me that's "dangerous", but I've found that if you're a respectful person, you'll have no issues. We've gone to 8 cities thus far, and not a single fight yet. The closest we came was in Kansas City...a few of their fans were deriding us heavily as we walked out (Raiders won the game), and then when we would not respond to them...they started following us and yell slurs at us. We just ignored them. :cool:

No face paint, but I do wear full Raider gear/clothes.

Many people tell me that's "dangerous", but I've found that if you're a respectful person, you'll have no issues. We've gone to 8 cities thus far, and not a single fight yet. The closest we came was in Kansas City...a few of their fans were deriding us heavily as we walked out (Raiders won the game), and then when we would not respond to them...they started following us and yell slurs at us. We just ignored them. :cool:
Well, it is totally safe in Seattle, but not so sure about other places. Some pretty ugly events involving out of town fans in the last few years.

Clearly it has worked for you, but I wouldn't put too much reliance on your good behavior as being controlling. Plenty nice polite people get beat up.

But I really hadn't thought of this aspect. The face point can be interesting on a cute woman.

Ha

DW and I are headed to New Hampshire in mid Oct. to visit friends and do some leaf peeping. Here in Houston it's still in the 90's most days so some cooler weather will be very refreshing.

DW and I are headed to Buenos Aires for a weekend of Steak & Tango, October we travel up to Talara for a wedding and to check on some farmland in Piura she is selling.

A swing through MO for friends' 50th, then down through NM and AR to see new sights with them ( our 43rd year). Then back to the midwest. Close up grandma's house for the winter. Then to Miami - fly to Rome and take the cruise ship back to FL. By then - off to Grandma's for Thanksgiving. Whew!!

Well, it is totally safe in Seattle, but not so sure about other places. Some pretty ugly events involving out of town fans in the last few years.

Clearly it has worked for you, but I wouldn't put too much reliance on your good behavior as being controlling. Plenty nice polite people get beat up.

But I really hadn't thought of this aspect. The face point can be interesting on a cute woman.

Ha

So can body paint.

Going back to Guatemala and El Salvador November 29. Will be part of a medical mission there. We will use a mobile clinic to see patients. Thank you to those on this website who have offered to send medicines to our hotel there. We will make good use of them.
El Salvador has some of the friendliest people in the world, in my opinion. I've been deployed there a lot over the past couple of years. Make sure you try some fresh pupusas with plenty of pickled cabbage on top!

Make sure you bring warm cloths, Helen. It won't be 70 in RMNP. I was just up there last weekend and it was quite cool. It might get to 70 in Estes Park, probably cooler in Grand Lake - depending on which side of the park you come from. Have fun. This is my favorite place in the Rocky's.

Thanks, Packman. I am bringing layers of clothing. I am really looking forward to this trip. The elk are rutting now. I'm hoping to see a lot of wildlife.

I've changed our plans a little. I scored the very last campsite at Moraine Park Campground in Estes Park. I'll test out my new 20 degree down bag. It seems weird to put a tent and sleeping bag in a suitcase, but I don't want to send my new backpack through the airport luggage system.

After RMNP, we are heading to Glenwood Springs for two nights and staying in a camper cabin:

http://www.glenwoodcanyonresort.com/camper_cabins.html

They look cute and they are a step up from a tent.

We'll do a day trip to the maroon bells for some hiking. Plus, someone I knew from junior high and recently hooked up with on Facebook lives in Glenwood Springs. I am hoping to take her out to dinner on Saturday night.

I'm taking a trip up to New York state to visit my DD,SIL and grandson and check out the fall foliage .In November my SO & I are travelling to Savannah via Amelia Island .

I'm taking a trip up to New York state to visit my DD,SIL and grandson and check out the fall foliage.
Here's the latest forecast for your "leaf tour":

BTW, DW (who is currently traveling with another woman, in Switzerland for two weeks) called me from the train (Glacier Express) on Monday to let me know that they were delayed for a few hours due to early snow (1M - about 3 feet) on one of the passes which took down some trees onto the track.

Luckly, they didn't have to worry about the "Donner Pass" experience :LOL: ..

Attachments

• 400x266_09201649_averagefoliagepeak.jpg
    400x266_09201649_averagefoliagepeak.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom