Join Early Retirement Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #841

Booked an Alaskan vacation for June. Cruise for a week, then a week in Denali, then a week in Vancouver/Victoria.

We've been to Alaska before, so we're especially looking forward to this trip to fill in the parts we haven't seen. Also, Vancouver has long been on my bucket list.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #842
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

We're going to Disney World (FL) in April. It's a surprise trip for my 3 girls on a long weekend, the Monday is off from school.

free roundtrip airfare from BWI courtesy of SW credit card signup bonuses
hotel on the grounds is free for 5 nights courtesy of SPG credit card signup bonuses
park tickets are heavily discounted at $150 for 4 days via their "Military Salute" deal

should be fun, and since it's after spring break is over, it shouldn't be too crowded.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #843

[QUOTE=chas57006;1287727]Will snowmobile in the Big Horns for a week and then head to Dubois WY. and snowmobile in the Tetons till the weather turns warm.
[QUOTE]

This sounds awesome! Will you be renting somewhere in Dubois?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #844
Dryer sheet aficionado

Last year we rented a house in Dubois, this year we will only be staying a couple of weeks if things work out.
We would like to go over to Grand Mesa CO. for a week as we have never ridden there and heard good things about that area.

We usually only ride every other day, as old people it takes a little time to rest up!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #845
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover View Post
I'm planning a July trip to Big Bend National Park. Yep, I've been there in July before - nice and hot, not too bad up in the Chisos Basin. It's like a whole other country.
We had a few days there last October, stayed in the lodge in the Chisos Basin. Hope you have as good a time as we did.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #846
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Tossing around the idea of a week-10 days in Vilnius, Lithuania, late May-early June.....never been there before...anyone visited/familiar?

The Winter's Tale, William Shakespeare
Old 02-24-2013, 11:07 AM   #847
Give me a forum ...

One great advantage of retirement....Having the opportunity to take advantage of great airfare deals. Just scored a round trip air deal from St. Louis to USVI first of November for $214 round trip including the taxes. They are practically giving this one away. St. John here we come again!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #848
Recycles dryer sheets

NYC 2 Vegas today, back 2 NYC in 48 hrs.

Not play time, but w%rk. Oh we'll it could be worse.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #849
Full time employment: Posting here.

Travel is in my plan in ER. This news story about the hot air balloon that caught fire and crashed, killing 19 foreign tourists, filled me with sorrow and anger.

Egypt Balloon Explosion: Britons Killed - Yahoo! News UK

I am struck by the irony of fate and the possibility of death and danger lurking around the corner in an undertaking of joy and beauty. At the same time, I am outraged by the utter irresponsibility of people: like the captain of the sunk cruise ship off the coast of Italy who abandoned the ship and the passengers, the pilot of the hot air balloon, jumped from the balloon 10 to 15 m off the ground when he noticed the fire in the gas canister, and abandoned the other passengers whose lives and safety was left in his charge.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:37 PM   #850
Recycles dryer sheets

Planning a Macau and Hong Kong trip for 3 weeks in May!
Old 02-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #851
Full time employment: Posting here.

just returned from the Holy land. Way cool! Never have I ever wanted to return to a country more.

had to rough it in coach, but the $350 RT tickets took a little of the burn out the cramped seats.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #852
Give me a forum ...

Started planning a trip to Philadelphia in April. It is for work, but I'll have time in the evenings and the last day before flying out to hopefully see some of the sights downtown ("center city"??). It has been on my list of places to see but we have never been there (even though it isn't that far away from us). And in this case, work is picking up the whole tab and I get paid to be there.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:23 PM   #853

Long weekend in the Villages in April to check it out.

Two week cruise in May in the Aegean leaving from Venice.

Another long weekend in June for family reunion in the TX hill country.

Then a month of renting in The Village in July (if we like it in April) to see if we can stand the heat/humidity of central FL in mid-summer. If the answer is yes we like it and can stand the climate we're planning to buy a second home there.

W@rk so gets in the way of having fun!
Old 02-27-2013, 02:32 PM   #854
Give me a forum ...

Back to Kansas City -right between the two midwest snow storms - ya gotta love the weather channel. The ole Chevy missed all the bad storms - Hot Springs, AR, New Orleans, Breau Bridge, San Antonio, Port Aransas and back to KCK. 14 days.

heh heh heh - 81 degrees(Gulf) to shoveling snow.
Old 02-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #855
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa99 View Post
W@rk so gets in the way of having fun!
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclemick View Post
heh heh heh - 81 degrees(Gulf) to shoveling snow.
Sounds like a day on north Texas...

...not doing anything of true substance...
Old 02-28-2013, 04:39 AM   #856
Moderator Emeritus

A Phoenix trip in March or April, and Vegas in May. I have to see the Pawn Stars in action.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #857

Wow. Great. I am very jealous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comicbookgujy View Post
Planning a Macau and Hong Kong trip for 3 weeks in May!
Very conservative with investments. Not ER'd yet, 48 years old. Please do not take anything I write or imply as legal, financial or medical advice directed to you. Contact your own financial advisor, healthcare provider, or attorney for financial, medical and legal advice.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:30 AM   #858

Mazatlan in March.

Driving vacation in May/June.

Peru (dream trip) in September.
Old 02-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #859
gone traveling

Planning San Antonio Texas this summer to scope out a possible retirement location.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:52 PM   #860
Administrator

March is here, only 3 weeks to go before our next extended vacation. We leave on March 29th for England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Spain, France, Norway, Iceland and The Faroe Islands. Back in September, and the only flight will be from England to Marjorca, the rest is via ship, train and automobile.
Closed Thread