Anyone got any travel planned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerMouse

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Just wondering if anyone has any exciting trips coming up that they would like to share. We are about done for this year, so am willing to live vicariously thru the travel plans of others.

About the only things we have on the horizon is a trip to UK in Jan for a 50th birthday (brr feeling cold already), perhaps 1 more trip to Hawaii this year and maybe drive to Seattle and Vancouver for Christmas.

DH and a buddy will be leaving on a motorcycle trip August 18th and will be on the road for three to four weeks. Southern most part of their trip will be in New Mexico and they'll make their way to Montana.

About a 5200 mile road trip.

But how about you? :confused:
Well that remains to be seen. We'll just have to take a look at our travel budget when his trip is over.

I don't mind delaying travel until next year if I have to...this trip is a dream of his. I can wait. :)

Doing a road trip to the monterey / monterey jazz festival in sept. for 4 days with a
couple of friends. Any good BBQ joints to be had up in those parts ?

Actually, I have the opposite situation (I'm staying home).

DW/me spent three days in London, followed by a 12 day Baltic cruise in June.

Next month, she and her travel buddy/friend will be heading out west to a canyonlands tour, along with an additional few days in Vegas (no, I don't ask :LOL: ).

In November, the two of them fly to Cairo for a couple of days, followed by a Nile cruise for a week (yes, I'm staying home for that one, also).

I'm glad she connected with this other gal last year, when we spent a month "down under" on a tour.

I've encouraged her for years to find somebody (other than me) to travel with. We would meet a lot of married women that traveled together and left their DH's at home. I finally get to join that "club" :whistle: ...

We are going to Savannah in September and then in November we will do our Thanksgiving trip ( we meet up with my daughter & son in law & grandson ). We have done Washington,DC a few times so we may do Boston this year . Next year is an Alaska cruise and taking my grandson to Disney World . I am also looking at a trip to Italy .

Boulder and Denver in September for 3 weeks. Its an exploratory trip to see if we like the area. We plan to spend a couple of nights in Estes Park and hike in the RMNP. With DW working, we haven't traveled at all this year.

I'll be going to Cape Cod for a couple of days next week to meet some friends.

I will be going to Ballard on Wednesday, and downtown Thursday night. Any more is beyond my will, and my budget. :)

Ha

Went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean this year, which was awesome.

Heading out to San Francisco and Napa Valley later this year with DW. Time to show the West Coasters we East Coasters don't "sip" wine. :ROFLMAO:

Oops I even forgot that I am going to Vegas next month for a girls weekend. Hope it is as much fun and as profitable as it was last year. Still looking for some cheapie accomodation.

I will be going to Ballard on Wednesday, and downtown Thursday night. Any more is beyond my will, and my budget. :)

Ha
:LOL::LOL::LOL: You daring man!!:cool:

We are going to Big Island Kona in 10 days - staying near the snorkle/turtle beach at keauhou (sp?) and going Scuba Diving just about every day....meeting local friends there on the last few days of our trip.

In November, plan to visit Bonaire Island in the Dutch Antilles/carribean for more SCUBA & R&R...can't wait!:D

These are places we have been before & are jonesing for a re-visit.

We are going to go down to the Florida Keys in Sept for a week. First a few day in Key West and then a few day on Marathon Key. We've never been there so it should be interesting.

Driving to CA and spending three days at North Rim, AZ on the way.
Then to AK from LV, NV for fishing and returning home the end of August.
Then to Lake Ontario for fishing in September and Arkansas in October.
Just trying to stay cool till November and nice weather in the deep South

going to lawton, ok this month to get in shape.

going to colorado in september to finally climb the bastille crack, lumpy ridge in RMNP (walkinwood, may see you there?) and vedauwoo in wyoming (and see my old high school soccer coach who coaches the UofW girls soccer team). that and probably see a bunch of my college buddies while in denver...

trying to put together a climbing trip to red rock canyon in october (near LV)....

The annual pilgrimage back to utah for thanksgiving....may go to moab and try to get some climbing in.

a very unexciting trip to visit my parents in middle of nowhere indiana for christmas...

we didn't make it out of the country this year, but sometimes i think it is better that way. well i did, but business trips don't count.

Exotic trips to Scranton, PA, and Richmond VA for fall marathons. DD and I are considering a Thanksgiving week trip to Orlando to see the new Harry Potter section at Universal Studios. Also considering a December marathon at Rehoboth Beach, DE, or possibly Austin, TX.

"DH and a buddy will be leaving on a motorcycle trip August 18th and will be on the road for three to four weeks. Southern most part of their trip will be in New Mexico and they'll make their way to Montana."

Can I come too? Just need to blow the dust off the Harley.

In late August we plan to hike in Appenzell, Switzerland then head down to Lake Como. Perhaps a drive through France afterwards. Very unstructured trip.

Ck 6

Our kid flies to Rice U in five days, so next month spouse and I are going to the Families Weekend.

Other than that we're going to enjoy the echoing quiet of being empty nesters... with perhaps a holoholo or two.

We are currently 8 weeks into a 10 week vacation in England. We're in Exeter at present having been to London, York, Cheshire and Durham. Off to Durham again tomorrow.

In September we are off to Canada for a month long trip. (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Toronto and Georgian Bay (Lake Huron)

I still w*rk so my travel is more limited. I get 5 weeks vacation, but I have been taking days to entertain the constant stream of company that began in July when my sister and her husband came to visit for two weeks. This month my son is visiting for a week. Next month friends from Houston are spending 4 or 5 days, and in October my cousin from Massachusetts will visit for 4 days. I do a lot of day trips/activities/plays/concerts at present. Just before Christmas I will fly down to FL for 3 weeks. I love my visitors but I am getting rather tired accompanying them to the same old haunts. Everyone is desperate to see Fallingwater, the Frank Lloyd Wright designed home not far from me. It is a delightful place to be sure, but I have been 3 times this year and my cousin who comes in October has, guess what, put this at the top of her "must do" list.

Daughter and I are going to Chicago for a few days next week. I'm looking forward to my big city fix. Also, going on another cruise in Jan/Feb.

Aug - no real travel, but going to Chicago Bears training camp thurs and Tall Ships in Chicago on the 24th
Sept - nephew's wedding in New Orleans
Oct - Az

Later this month we are going on an 8 day camping trip in the Finger Lakes. Hard to beat a campsite next to a waterfall in wine country.

Looking like a Columbus Day weekend trip to Boston. No real plans beyond that, since I will be short on vacation days until the end of the year (sound of shackles clanking).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom