Join Early Retirement Today

By Golly, fun weather you betcha!
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #1
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

By Golly, fun weather you betcha!

On the road and made it through Burns and southern Oregon, Eureka and Ely Nevada no problem. St George Utah and Mesquite Az no problem. Last night we pulled in to Prescott Az and got up this morning to 3" of snow - no biggie though, 40 degree weather and rain brought precipitation up to 3.3" today.

Good thing Prescott has lots of hills - all that water is running off at speed, mostly down and across the roads and through folk's yards. Filled the gas tank as maybe 6" of snow are forecast for tonight. With luck the hotel electricity will hold up - getting pretty good wind gusts over 30mph. I like big weather! Tomorrow we head for Phoenix to look at the Gold Canyon area during winter weather. Then off to SoCal and up the coast to see if rumors of rain and mud are real.

It is to be noted that Independence Oregon was dry and 60 degrees while we were under rain and 40 here in the southern play grounds...

Ooooo - snows here at 7pm - getting an early start tonight!

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
Give me a forum ...

calmloki, it seems your number of posts is exactly the population of Independence. Coincidence?

And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Think So Cal is as bad as they say from what friends have been telling us.

We are in No. Cal and the darn rain hasn't let up all week. The storms with the thunder and lightning have been in full force. We even had our fence blow over one night.

I be a girl, he's a boy. Think I maybe FIRED since July 08. Mid 40s, no kidlets. Actually am totally clueless as to what is going on with DH.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:06 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Calmloki, SoCal is bad. Nearly 20 inches of rain at elevation last week, probably closer to 12 or so down in the valleys and coastal plains. Had two days to shake off the deluge and we're apparently in it for more this week. The ocean is chocolate-colored. Not kidding. I bet if you were flying over you'd see huge mud plumes coming out of the creeks and estuaries into the Big Blue.

I didn't know you were in Independence -- I went to school at OSU, and drove up to Independence all the time. Just loved it up there. Always thought I'd end up on a little farm in that area. Turns out -- probably not. Have a nice trip!
Old 01-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
Give me a forum ...

How about that. My wife went to OSU and our daughter to Western Oregon.
And I don't care how big your truck is."
Ed_The_Gypsy is online now   Reply With Quote