By Golly, fun weather you betcha!

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
On the road and made it through Burns and southern Oregon, Eureka and Ely Nevada no problem. St George Utah and Mesquite Az no problem. Last night we pulled in to Prescott Az and got up this morning to 3" of snow - no biggie though, 40 degree weather and rain brought precipitation up to 3.3" today.

Good thing Prescott has lots of hills - all that water is running off at speed, mostly down and across the roads and through folk's yards. Filled the gas tank as maybe 6" of snow are forecast for tonight. With luck the hotel electricity will hold up - getting pretty good wind gusts over 30mph. I like big weather! Tomorrow we head for Phoenix to look at the Gold Canyon area during winter weather. Then off to SoCal and up the coast to see if rumors of rain and mud are real.

It is to be noted that Independence Oregon was dry and 60 degrees while we were under rain and 40 here in the southern play grounds...

Ooooo - snows here at 7pm - getting an early start tonight!

Think So Cal is as bad as they say from what friends have been telling us.

We are in No. Cal and the darn rain hasn't let up all week. The storms with the thunder and lightning have been in full force. We even had our fence blow over one night.

Calmloki, SoCal is bad. Nearly 20 inches of rain at elevation last week, probably closer to 12 or so down in the valleys and coastal plains. Had two days to shake off the deluge and we're apparently in it for more this week. The ocean is chocolate-colored. Not kidding. I bet if you were flying over you'd see huge mud plumes coming out of the creeks and estuaries into the Big Blue.

I didn't know you were in Independence -- I went to school at OSU, and drove up to Independence all the time. Just loved it up there. Always thought I'd end up on a little farm in that area. Turns out -- probably not. Have a nice trip!

Back
Top Bottom