Join Early Retirement Today
Old 04-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
I take it none of you foodies have been to Husk (yet)?

No one agrees with other people's opinions; they merely agree with their own opinions -- expressed by somebody else. Sydney Tremayne
Retired Jun 2011 at age 57

Target AA: 60% equity funds / 35% bond funds / 5% cash
Target WR: Approx 2.5% Approx 20% SI (secure income, SS only)
Midpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #22
Nah, but I've heard it is good. But lots and lots of hype, which = lots and lots of crowds.
It already takes an act of Congress to get me downtown, then to find parking and all that, and wait. and wait. and wait.
Lazy outfielders are what we are, foraging in the hinterlands, lol.
No foodie am I. Beer drinker who eats at the local Mexican 2x a week is what I am!

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.”
Gerard Arthur Way

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:52 AM   #23
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
And I've had an amazing meal at High Cotton on someone else's dime. Ditto for DH at Oak Steakhouse. Not likely to go when I'm picking up the tab.

BBQ to me almost needs to be out in the country somewhere, eating off a paper plate, in the shade of an oak tree.

Nash, when you come back, check out the new places up on Morrison--Edmund's Oast is the latest "see and be seen", though I took one look at the crowd and headed up to Tattooed Moose. Lots of beer themed places opening up, and quite a few new breweries if you are into that sort of thing.
I will have to check out the Morrison area.

Oak was pretty OK - but I'm with you on that one, not on my dime. I enjoyed SNOB, High Cotton, and Cypress (repeatedly) enough to pay for it. :-)

And definitely agree on the BBQ. My two favorite places were up in North Charleston, believe it or not. One was a little shack that had the pigs roasting out back; the other was an "upscale" diner that had a mustard sauce that was to die for.
nash031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
Recycles dryer sheets
A last item about High Cotton...the Sunday Brunch is excellent and reasonably priced.
Greg V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:36 PM   #25
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
When we were there a year ago, we had dinner at the Shemcreek Bar & Grill in Mt. Pleasant. It was just ok, nothing to write home about.

We also had a very nice late afternoon lunch on the back patio at the Blind Tiger Pub a short walk from The Calhoun Mansion.

We ate at a Sticky Fingers in Summerville on our way to Charleston. We liked it but are pretty easy to please when it comes to food and are my no means a BBQ connoisseur.

If something cannot endure laughter.... it cannot endure.
Patience is the art of concealing your impatience.
pb4uski is offline   Reply With Quote