Chase Sapphire Credit card Travel Insurance

nwsteve

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Was reviewing my Chase Sapphire "benefit summary" document and noticed there is a proviso for travel insurance. I talked with a CSR and she confirmed there is 10k coverage for cancelled travel.
Has anyone used this benefit from Chase and what were the results?
We have a trip we are booking and are looking at this benefit over a commercial policy that will cost $3-400 for out 2 week trip.
Many thanks for any comments/experiences
Nwsteve

I don't have info to add to this but we'll be booking everything with our Chase Sapphire. Another good reason to use it.

Saving us a lot of money, travel insurance wise, on an upcoming cruise we're taking that we charged to our Chase Sapphire CC!

I've never tried to collect on it but it does not have any medical or medical evacuation as part of the coverage.

I've never tried to collect on it but it does not have any medical or medical evacuation as part of the coverage.

Good catch 2B--Medicare Plan F supplemental does offer 20K I think of Intl medical and we separately have medical evacuation so maybe alright for a 2 wk trip. Quote from CSA for the trip is about 400 but that does not cover air piece just tour.
Nwsteve

Last edited:

Ok good point. However our medical is covered under our Cigna PPO plan with the company I work for. Thanks.

I noticed that PenFed Cash Rewards VISA offers $100K travel accident insurance. I think quite a few cards offer some type of travel medical.

One possible thing to remember. We used an AMEX card to reserve a car in France. When we got there I mistakenly gave the local rental company another Visa card. Then, of course, we had a minor collision with a stationary concrete post (high car, low post on narrow city street). The AMEX card offers free car insurance. But AMEX said they wouldn't cover it when we got back home. So one must use the card to get the benefit. Don't assume the reservation is the end of the process.

I paid the damage but luckily for some mysterious reason the damage cost was waived.

Back
Top Bottom