Costa Rica help

Sittinginthesun

Recycles dryer sheets
Just booked flights into San Jose airport and looking for advice on villa rental for a week in May. Looking for ideas on location. Trying to find an upscale private house with pool, privacy, safe, not too far from good beach, town, etc.

Thanks!

Can't help you with a villa, but if you want to stay for a night or two on either end of the trip, we loved Xandari Resort & Spa. Close to San Jose airport with beautiful property that's private and safe.

There is a gated neighborhood at Manuel Antonio that is awesome. I can't remember the name but it has houses and hotel'ish rooms, awesome beach, golf carts to drive you around the property, restaurant/bar, etc.... Pura vida!

We stayed in a couple areas but loved Puerto Viejo. It's a sleepy little town on the east coast. We rented a house right on the beach and it was not expensive at all. Rented bikes which we then rode into town (short ride) to get supplies, eat dinner,etc.
Biked to the wildlife sanctuary which was fantastic. You can go inside the monkey exhibit, watch your glasses! This was about 5 years ago, so not sure how things have changed.

I have never been upscale in Costa Rica, just a Tico at heart. That said Manuel Antonio area has nice beautiful beaches.

There is a gated neighborhood at Manuel Antonio that is awesome. I can't remember the name but it has houses and hotel'ish rooms, awesome beach, golf carts to drive you around the property, restaurant/bar, etc.... Pura vida!

Thanks we have been looking at a few villas in this area and it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom