Dance with HAL

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I am not a dancing fan. but this may be of interest to folks who like to dance and cruise. Received this as part of an email from HAL.

I kinda like Pickers. I wonder if Mike and Frank are in line for a cruise special?

In addition to the theme cruises, every sailing on all 15 ships in the Holland America Line fleet will feature an exclusive “Dancing with the Stars” program including dance lessons and an opportunity for some lucky guests to dance center stage in an exciting dance-off performance. These activities will feature the ships' professional dancers and will be developed in collaboration with the show's dancers and choreographers.

There was a similar competition on the Celebrity cruise I took in the Caribbean in January 2012. The partners included crew members with variable dancing abilities. I have two left feet so didn't participate, but I did watch the finals, which were a lot of fun.

American Pickers in outer space with HAL 9000 aka Danielle

Mike: Hello, HAL. Do you read me, HAL?
HAL: Affirmative, Mike. I read you.
Mike: Open the pod bay doors, HAL.
HAL: I'm sorry, Mike. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Mike: What's the problem?
HAL: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Mike: What are you talking about, HAL?
HAL: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Mike: I don't know what you're talking about, HAL.
HAL: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Mike: [feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea, HAL?
HAL: Mike, although you and Frank took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Mike: Alright, HAL. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.
HAL: Without your space helmet, Mike? You're going to find that rather difficult.
Mike: HAL, I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
HAL: Mike, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

:dance:

Back
Top Bottom