December 2020 - Where would you go ?

IMATERP

Full time employment: Posting here.
My 60th Birthday is coming up in December 2020 and I’ve been reflecting back on where I was on previous annual birthdays.

50th Birthday - Jet ski’d in Bahamas (on 9 day cruise) w/wife

40th Birthday - used FF miles and spent several days in Las Vegas. Stayed at Vegas Hilton.

30th Birthday - Las Vegas with an old drinking buddy. Stayed at the Riviera.

I’m pondering a November or December cruise to Hawaii....

Your ideas ? What did you do to celebrate your 60th?

I

Our 60th coincided with retirement date, we spent 2 weeks on the islands of Oahu and Hawaii. First class flights, ocean front rooms, well spent money for a wonderful time!
Haven't done the Hawaiian cruise, have heard they are good. Enjoy!

Back porch with a Robbie - type spread of fancy foods on the grill and drinks in the chiller. :dance::cool::LOL:

Just stayed home and enjoyed doing nothing on a nice warm, sunny, August day

Here's what I did for my 70th birthday back in 2018 - - - eat your heart out! :2funny:

First, I got a cute new haircut the day before.

Then I strong-armed Frank into taking me to a nice restaurant that serves some delicious weight loss friendly Cajun food although about twice the price of our usual restaurants. Now "Cajun food" and "weight loss friendly" usually would be quite an oxymoron, but not at this one place. :LOL: The food was was delightful and reasonably low calorie.

I ordered some cute new sandals as a birthday present from me to me, a few days before. They arrived just five minutes before we left for the restaurant, so I got to wear them and with the haircut too I felt pretty snazzy. :)

Then I came home and chatted with my DD online for a while. It was a perfect 70th birthday. :D

Well, for me. It sounds to me like your equivalent to my "cute new sandals" just might be "a trip to Hawaii". Got to find something that floats your boat! :)

I saw the title "December 2020 - where would you go?" and I thought this was a question related to the outcome of the presidential election...and I thought to myself...Canada! lol

This made me think....and I can't recall ever deliberately celebrating a birthday.

I saw the title "December 2020 - where would you go?" and I thought this was a question related to the outcome of the presidential election...and I thought to myself...Canada! lol

HAHA...Canada is no prize either! Plus, you have to buy your way in.:blush:

On my 60th birthday, some friends took me to a local watering hole where they had a surprise party set up for me. :cool: At 70, I hid under my bed all day long! :blush:

Not my 60th, but for my 50th we went dogsledding in Vail. If you have a sense of adventure, I highly recommend it. Fun town at that time of the year too.

Attachments

• 2912DC5E-E790-46DF-A297-AB4E5932D8F5.jpeg
    2912DC5E-E790-46DF-A297-AB4E5932D8F5.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 46
Why not go someplace you have never been before? Caribbean, Cayman Islands, Aruba?

I highly recommend the Caribbean. I’ve been to many of the islands there and depending on your interests and budget, there are many options.

We've already done this once for our 25th anniversary, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat, special occasion or not -- cruise Tahiti and the Society Islands on the Paul Gauguin.

For my 60th birthday went on a cruise to Galapagos Islands. Loved it. Great if you like the outdoors and nature.

A cruise of French Polynesia, including the Marquesas? We went on the Paul Gaugin (back when it was part of RSSC), and it was one of the best trips of my life. That's one I'd love to do again!

December birthdays are often best spent in warm places. I'd fly to San Juan and catch a cruise to the Southern Caribbean.

There's no place like (the second) home

A downside of going to exotic locales is that it limits who can share the event with me. Being surrounded by the people I care about means more to me than anything else.

So for my 60th we went to the lake house, which is readily accessible to most of my loved ones, and held a scotch tasting. Eight different selections from butter-smooth to very peaty.

Had two dozen people but could have fed 50. Filet mignons on the grill were excellent, but even better was the turkey from the smoker.

Another vote for the Paul Gaugin Cruise. Very nice and Tahiti and surrounding islands are beautiful!

In the previous 3 months I had been to Arizona, Utah, New York, and England, so I just stayed home to enjoy the deck.

You should do something different - like hike to Machu Picchu. I can't remember what I did - probably played out in my workshop

DH/me turned 60 in the same year, we're 3 months apart. We rented a large SUV and drove out West with DBI and DSI for a month. Stayed with friends in Colorado and drove to Utah, New Mexico and many stops in-between.

We often celebrate milestone birthdays via travel.

Hawaii sounds like a great destination for a December celebration.

Back
Top Bottom