Decent priced Florida rental for the winter

robjr100

Dryer sheet aficionado
Hey gang. :cool:

Looking for some ideas here.I`d like to spend sometime in sunny Florida in the winter. I`m open to almost any area of Florida as long as it`s safe and not to far our in the sticks. I`m thinking the top price I`d want to pay is around $2500 a month.

I was thinking maybe central Florida.Maybe like Lakeland or Winter Haven? Or maybe a town a few miles from the ocean/gulf.

I`ve looked at a few vacation rental web sites but I thought I`d ask the savvy,veteran travelers on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for posting this. I have a similar interest but a wider geographic area (from Myrtle Beach to Key West). Tired of cold and snow and plan to take a break down south for Jan and Feb. It will be interesting to see the responses.

First I would eliminate Key West . There is no possibility for a reasonable rental during season . I would also eliminate Siesta Key for the same reason . Since I live on the west coast of Florida the two places I would suggest you look besides Central Florida are Bradenton Beach & Venice ,Fl. They are both safe with nice easy access to beaches . Here is a VRBO from Venice. It's a great location and in a nice area .
Bird Bay Village Vacation Rental - VRBO 407383 - 1 BR Venice Condo in FL, Beautiful Condo in Bird Bay Village - 5 Minutes to the Beach

I lived in Lakeland Florida for over 12 years and currently live about 25 minutes east of Lakeland just outside of Orlando.

I like this area very much. Getting to either Tampa or Orlando is very easy, and Clearwater/St. Petersburg is only a little more than an hour's drive. Both the ocean and gulf are within a very reasonable drive as well making it a great location for day trips.

I have no doubt that that would be very nice short-term rentals that would fall within your budget, but I'm not sure how long in advance they would need to be booked.

I also go to vacationhomerental I booked there 2 years ago and had no problem.

Hey gang. :cool:

Looking for some ideas here.I`d like to spend sometime in sunny Florida in the winter. I`m open to almost any area of Florida as long as it`s safe and not to far our in the sticks. I`m thinking the top price I`d want to pay is around $2500 a month.

I was thinking maybe central Florida.Maybe like Lakeland or Winter Haven? Or maybe a town a few miles from the ocean/gulf.

I`ve looked at a few vacation rental web sites but I thought I`d ask the savvy,veteran travelers on this forum.

Thanks in advance.

Before we moved to Florida two years ago, we stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Clearwater. We negotiated a $1200 a month rate with the local manager. This is for a studio room with full kitchen (no oven though).

Also there are homes in Sun City Center (a 55+ community) where we live listed on VRBO.
Sun City Center Vacation Rentals, Condo Rentals & more in Sun City Center,Florida on VRBO - Vacation Rentals by Owner

Back
Top Bottom