Destin Florida

ferco

Recycles dryer sheets
Anyone have any recommendations on hotels / resorts in Destin, Florida. Any places you really liked or didn't like ?

We have been to Destin probably 15 times in the last 20 years. We always stay at Silver Dunes. Its right on the beach. Units are condos with kitchen. They have a pool and grassy area. It is not a highrise building like many others. It is great for families. We buy groceries and then rarely leave the complex for the entire week we are there. Depends on what you are looking for. But if you are a family with kids looking to keep costs reasonable by cooking you own meals and avoiding eating out then this place is perfect.

Crescent Condos

We stayed at the Crescent Condos on Miramar Beach - very nice. We were with our DD's family and she made the arangements so I don't know the financial details but we had a great time.

We have been to Destin probably 15 times in the last 20 years. We always stay at Silver Dunes. Its right on the beach. Units are condos with kitchen. They have a pool and grassy area. It is not a highrise building like many others. It is great for families. We buy groceries and then rarely leave the complex for the entire week we are there. Depends on what you are looking for. But if you are a family with kids looking to keep costs reasonable by cooking you own meals and avoiding eating out then this place is perfect.

I spent many a vacation there at Silver Dunes in my youth. My father bought the unit on the second floor in the main building that looks straight down the lawn to the water. He bought it pre-construction in the early 70's when Destin was nothing. We could turn left and walk for miles on the beach with almost nothing there. He sold it in the mid 80's after Destin had become a hot spot and made out like a bandit. I think that gain was the foundation for his early retirement.

About 10 yrs. ago, went a golf trip with three friends. Stayed in a 3 bedroom condo at the Sandestin resort. It was excellent.

Back
Top Bottom