Join Early Retirement Today

Europe SIM card
Old 11-05-2019, 05:37 AM   #1
Full time employment: Posting here.

Europe SIM card

I will be traveling to Italy and Paris in the Spring, for 9 days. Normally, when I do this sort of thing, I go on eBay and get a SIM card for the country I am traveling to (since my carrier does not have an international roaming option). They are about $30 for 30 days with unlimited talk & text & 15GB data.

I was wondering if I can do better at the airport in Paris or Rome.
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2019, 06:01 AM   #2
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

There are long running threads in Travel Information discussing this issue. Here is a recent one:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ope-96702.html
Old 11-05-2019, 06:07 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camfused View Post
I was wondering if I can do better at the airport in Paris or Rome.
I'm not sure you "can do better" at any airport, anywhere, any time for anything. (except buying booze at the Duty Free in Bermuda upon arrival there).

As your carrier doesn't have roaming (ATT, a bargain for $10 a day) if all else fails why not go with "Wifi Calling" and leave it at that? If it were longer than 9 days, I'd do something else but for a week and a half it might be an easier option; unless you have to be in touch 24/9
Old 11-05-2019, 06:16 AM   #4
Full time employment: Posting here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audreyh1 View Post
There are long running threads in Travel Information discussing this issue. Here is a recent one:

http://www.early-retirement.org/foru...ope-96702.html
Thanks. Search tool failed me.