Portal Forums Links Register FAQ Community Calendar Log in

Join Early Retirement Today

Expedia Hold Times (to change/cancel a ticket) Ugh.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Expedia Hold Times (to change/cancel a ticket) Ugh.

I just learned the hard way that if you need to cancel or change a vacation package on Expedia expect to spend 2+ hours doing so.

Five different calls totaling 130 minutes is what it took. HOWEVER if you are booking a ticket hold times are 2 mins max.

I'm glad the 2015 Masters was on TV yesterday as I waited, waited, & waited.

Now we'll see if I actually get credit for the hotel refund on my CC. The flights I have to re-book with Expedia when I do that (and pay change fees). Eek!!
supernova72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2015, 12:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear about the ordeal, but it's all too typical. After 30+ years of business (and some pleasure) travel in the U.S. and internationally, the above frustration is why I book flights, cars, and hotels directly.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:54 PM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Typical of many companies - calls that may generate revenue go on the fast warp speed spaceship, calls that may reduce revenue go on the slow leaky boat.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:30 PM   #4
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

You blow a lot of time waiting , or pay $ or both on changes. I had to change a flight on United a few years back, Cost $140 change fee and took 15 minutes ( was transferred to a second reservation call center somewhere offshore who did the actual re-booking.

Longing for the good ol days of expensive regulated air travel.

Half empty planes, change flights at the gate or even transfer to another carrier at the gate without charge , just gave Northwest Orient my co.travel dept. bought Western ticket and boarded Northwest immediately , often with free upgrade to first class.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:10 PM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollystomper View Post
Typical of many companies - calls that may generate revenue go on the fast warp speed spaceship, calls that may reduce revenue go on the slow leaky boat.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewood90712 View Post
You blow a lot of time waiting , or pay $ or both on changes. I had to change a flight on United a few years back, Cost $140 change fee and took 15 minutes ( was transferred to a second reservation call center somewhere offshore who did the actual re-booking.

Longing for the good ol days of expensive regulated air travel.

Half empty planes, change flights at the gate or even transfer to another carrier at the gate without charge , just gave Northwest Orient my co.travel dept. bought Western ticket and boarded Northwest immediately , often with free upgrade to first class.
Good points! I recall being on standby and actually getting ON the earlier flight too. Boy, not anymore it seems. Tough nut to crack.