Expedia Hold Times (to change/cancel a ticket) Ugh.

supernova72

Recycles dryer sheets
I just learned the hard way that if you need to cancel or change a vacation package on Expedia expect to spend 2+ hours doing so.

Five different calls totaling 130 minutes is what it took. HOWEVER if you are booking a ticket hold times are 2 mins max.

I'm glad the 2015 Masters was on TV yesterday as I waited, waited, & waited.

Now we'll see if I actually get credit for the hotel refund on my CC. The flights I have to re-book with Expedia when I do that (and pay change fees). Eek!!

Sorry to hear about the ordeal, but it's all too typical. After 30+ years of business (and some pleasure) travel in the U.S. and internationally, the above frustration is why I book flights, cars, and hotels directly.

Last edited:
Typical of many companies - calls that may generate revenue go on the fast warp speed spaceship, calls that may reduce revenue go on the slow leaky boat. :)

You blow a lot of time waiting , or pay $ or both on changes. I had to change a flight on United a few years back, Cost $140 change fee and took 15 minutes ( was transferred to a second reservation call center somewhere offshore who did the actual re-booking.

Longing for the good ol days of expensive regulated air travel.

Half empty planes, change flights at the gate or even transfer to another carrier at the gate without charge , just gave Northwest Orient my co.travel dept. bought Western ticket and boarded Northwest immediately , often with free upgrade to first class.

Last edited:
You blow a lot of time waiting , or pay $ or both on changes. I had to change a flight on United a few years back, Cost $140 change fee and took 15 minutes ( was transferred to a second reservation call center somewhere offshore who did the actual re-booking.

Longing for the good ol days of expensive regulated air travel.

Half empty planes, change flights at the gate or even transfer to another carrier at the gate without charge , just gave Northwest Orient my co.travel dept. bought Western ticket and boarded Northwest immediately , often with free upgrade to first class.

Good points! I recall being on standby and actually getting ON the earlier flight too. Boy, not anymore it seems. Tough nut to crack.

Back
Top Bottom