For those retired in Florida...

DW and I are thinking of becoming "Reverse Snowbirds" when I retire. :dance:

This is what we'd like to do as we currently live near the Gulf Coast, however, we're finding that reverse snowbirding (heading north for the summer) is more expensive than regular snowbirding (heading south for the winter). Has anyone else found this to be the case?

Hmmm... Not sure, but we may find out next summer. We'll be doing quite a bit of travel up north

We live in Ft Myers end of September through mid May, then we head North to Lake of the Ozarks. We have a lake front condo and enjoy the summer there ......

Just finished watching the first season of ‘Ozark.’ Is it an accurate portrayal of the locals @ Lake of the Ozarks?

Just finished watching the first season of ‘Ozark.’ Is it an accurate portrayal of the locals @ Lake of the Ozarks?
Well, many of the actors are Canadians and while based on a place in the Ozarks, it was actually filmed in Georgia. The folks that own the actual resort in the Ozarks weren't too thrilled with the portrayal of the locals...at least according to a couple of the local Missouri articles I read. My SIL lives in Oklahoma and visits up there often and loves the area and the people. As far as I know, she's not involved in money laundering. :)

I don't think I would ever consider a fictional work to be a good indicator of what a local area and its people might be like.

Ha Ha, all you warm weather wimps, need to leave us cold weather wimps in Florida and remain up in the "frozen" north. ;).

I would much rather be hot and humid for a couple of months rather than frozen stiff for double that time.... :)

If not, you need to get over it and get used to the heat or not move inland. We are from Canada and the UK and it took me a grand total of about 3 weeks to get used to walking around with no shirt and Flip Flops.:cool:

PS. Before you jump, this is a "Tongue in Cheek" post.

Happy Thanksgiving All.

I love all the responses!!

To pp who said it took 3w to get used to the heat, I only can hope it will happen to dh also! I'm content to frolic in the surf!

Ha Ha, all you warm weather wimps, need to leave us cold weather wimps in Florida and remain up in the "frozen" north. ;).

I would much rather be hot and humid for a couple of months rather than frozen stiff for double that time.... :)

Oh, how I wish!

When I retired my original retirement plan was to put the snow thrower in the back of the pickup truck and drive south until people started asking what that machine was for. That plan got canceled because DW didn't want to move that far from family.

It could be a lot worse though. My mother originally was from Buffalo, NY and I still have cousins there. Up there they ignore light flurries of six inches of snow and snow is not a problem until one starts to think in terms of tunneling through it rather than shoveling out.

Back
Top Bottom