French Polynesia

robertf57

Recycles dryer sheets
Santa has decided to give us a cruise around French Polynesia (Tahiti, Bora-Bora and several other ports of call):dance:. It's a bit pricey but looks like it should be a lot of fun. Any must see/do's ?

Looks like the feed the sharks thing is still an attraction. We'll make sure we get that in.

Fortunately, we can afford it.... I'm a bum, but I'm really good at it :LOL: and I get paid more than I'm worth

Thanks!

Last edited:
13 years later we still consider it one of our best trips. Still want to go back, but do fear it will have become more commercialized. I sure hope not.

I remember doing a helicopter tour over Bora Bora, and the water being so clear you could see the sharks swimming in the water from the helicopter. We also did the whole swim with shark thing. Be sure to bring a face mask. You could literally just put your head in the water and see so many fish.

Have fun. A cruise is really the way to do it from a cost standpoint.

Thankfully, I saw them feeding the crocodiles after my water skiing lesson at ClubMed Cancun; it was at the other end of the lagoon! ;)

Mantas on Bora Bora, IMHO, trump the sharks there. (But we were jaded by the Rangiroa Shark dives, which was the purpose of our trip, and likely beyond the scope of yours.)

We loved bicycling on Bora Bora, and renting a Scooter to traverse Huahine. (This was 10 years ago, on our 20th anniversary blowout.)

The main market in Papeete, Tahiti, is a great place to browse and shop for anything from food to expensive jewelry.

Beautiful islands. No surprise that it is a pricey destination, but we thought well worth it.

Are you on the Paul Gauguin? Impressive vessel, to say the least!

We spent our honeymoon on Bora Bora.

Another couple found a local who would do tours of the island to include the rays, shark feeding and a BBQ, tahitian style. Great experience.

The island is small. You get around it very quickly. We stopped at Bloody Mary's (overrated). But we did pick up some nice Tahitian pearls there at a good price.

I heard Bora Bora was twice as good as Bora.

Thanks for the tips. We are on the Marina (Oceania line). Suspect this will be our only Society Islands trip, so we want to hit all the Must Do's!

Robert -- You might want to go over to the CruiseCritic board and take a look at the roll call for your cruise.

Back
Top Bottom