Join Early Retirement Today

Got son home from Miami today, what fun
Old 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Got son home from Miami today, what fun

Son on cruise in Bahamas, supposed to be back in Miami port at 8am, USAir flight to philly at 2 arrive philly 5. I am up at 6 on a whim decided to check on flight, well it was cancelled. I go into panic mode son needs to be home to plow snow. Well then I check the web cam on the ship and it is in port early, so far so good. Call sons cell, no answer call 5 more times no answer. There is a 7:40 and an 8:15 on American to philly. Well now it is 7am still cant get son. Get the bright idea to call cruise line, they gave me a number to call for shore to ship, 8 bucks a minute. Anyway got the ship, got my sons room, woke him up. Turns out his cell would not work in the ship too much metal. Anyhow got him moving to the airport, he did not make the 8:15 to Philly but told him to get on an American flight to Newark NJ. He arrived in Newark on time,his brother had to go get him,90 mile drive.
Got home at 3, and now ready to plow.
USAIR went over the top,cancelled flights way too early, not even snowing here yet.
The internet is great,made it easy to check flights and find phone numbers,and even ships. If I had not done this he might have been stuck
in Miami for 2 days, who knows.
What fun.
Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Yeah travel can be rough. I figure when you travel expect delays.
Notmuchlonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #3
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by mf15 View Post
If I had not done this he might have been stuck
in Miami for 2 days, who knows.
What fun.
Old Mike

And maybe he wanted to be stuck in Miami with the woman he met on the cruise and you ruined the fun ?
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:14 PM   #4
Recycles dryer sheets

LOL.
He took his own women with him,had to get off the ship anyway.
Not sure how many hotel rooms left due to super bowl.
When all is said and done he will make a few grand on plowing, who know what the economy will bring this summer for an Landscaping business.
Old Mike
mf15 is offline   Reply With Quote