Glacier National Park worth visiting ???

fisherman

Full time employment: Posting here.
We are on day 29 of our cross country RV trip and currently in West Yellowstone. We were planning on going on to Glacier NP from Missoula Montana where we will be doing some fly fishing next. We are having second thoughts about going up to Glacier NP now after spending time in Colorado, Utah, and some of Wyoming. Has anyone been there and is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for any input.

Great park, we are headed there later next month. Going to the sun road is interesting and you can't take your RV up it. Also recommend the Wild Goose Island overlook for a classic picture.

It have been over 20 years since I was there... but I remember it was well worth the trip...

As said, you can not drive your RV on the one big to do road...

It's well worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpg
    IMG_1737.jpg
    718.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1665.jpg
    IMG_1665.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1703.jpg
    IMG_1703.jpg
    369.1 KB · Views: 6
I've been in all the places you mention, plus lots of other places in the world. Personally I would say that Glacier (and Waterton) are the most stunningly beautiful places I've seen. I was there in 1984 and am still amazed.

2Cor521

Only you can decide if Glacier/Waterton Park is worth passing by
glacier national park - Google Image Search
For me its a no brainer, one of the most spectacular scenic places in N America.
We did the Canadian side (Waterton) last summer excellent time was had by the whole family....

Day 37 of our West trip and we are currently in South Dakota. Glacier was FANTASTIC. We really enjoyed it. We have seen 18 National Parks and Monuments this trip and it was definitely in the top two for us.

Looks like we will complete the trip on day 41 or 42. This was one of our lifes goals and it has been wonderful! In fact we are looking at two or three more of about 20 or 30 days for the next summers.

ESR has truly been good for us.

Thanks to all for the info.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom