Join Early Retirement Today
Old 02-12-2014, 12:11 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Life can be short.
Do what you want, spend a bundle.
Have fun!

PS Please read my signature quote.

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." - Walt Disney
freebird5825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 09:15 AM   #22
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...
Not likely I'll ever visit a Disney park again, but if I did it would be Epcot.

Have Funds, Will Retire

...not doing anything of true substance...
HFWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets
I agree with the majority of the responses and recommend Epcot. The attractions are geared more towards adults than kids and it has many science type attractions. I really enjoyed "living with the land" a ride that takes you through a working greenhouse. Soarin is also a must do if you are visiting Epcot. When done with the attractions a short walk will take you to the different countries where you can grab a beer in Germany and a slice of pie in Italy and people watch.

If it were my choice I would do the park instead of lounging poolside (sitting still is just not my cup of tea). Shoot you could probably do both, if you arrived at the park at gate opening you could still see the park and get back to the pool just in time for happy hour!!

Whatever you decide to do .... enjoy!!!!
Pleeplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #24
Full time employment: Posting here.
Do you not enjoy amusement park rides because they are mainly for thrill seekers? You know, fast with sharp turns and huge drops. Disney does not have many rides like that. Most rides are slow moving through elaborate sets that can be quite entertaining so don't write off all rides from the get go.
Wherever you go, there you are.
(In other words, no whining!)
BTravlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #25
Thanks for all your comments. I've decided on two things so far: one is that I won't buy a ticket ahead of time but do so at the hotel (or gate) once there--that is, decide whether to go or not to go then depending on how I feel, weather, etc. Second is to go to Epcot if I do opt for a theme park. Again, thanks for all the helpful feedback!
Marita40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #26
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I love going to WDW with our family and Epcot is fun for adults. It's a great park for wandering around and seeing all the nooks and crannies. It's very relaxing and beautiful. You can buy tickets at the hotel or the entrance. I was there last September with my daughter and 5 grandchildren. Even if you don't ride anything, they have lots of almost spontaneous sidewalk shows from different countries singing, doing acrobatics, or other things. You won't feel funny being alone. Good luck!
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:51 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
If there was a ride to go on at Epcot, it would be Soarin'. It's amazing. You might have to wait in line for awhile, but it's so unusual and impressive. It's like riding a hang glider in front of a synchronized IMAX screen. Not scary, just very fun.
Ally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #28
Recycles dryer sheets
Just chiming in to +1 the recommendations for Epcot. Definitely our favorite part of the trip.
ShortInSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:07 PM   #29
Heh. Different tastes. I visited Disney for the first time last year and found Epcot the most boring part of the trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app
Kronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #30
Originally Posted by Arifriekinel View Post
Something to consider is Discovery Cove, about 15 minutes away, if you're not absolutely set on Disney.

It is between $180 to $200 to get into, but it's all inclusive, food, alcohol, parking, snorkels. I haven't tried the alcohol, but the food and snacks are good. they have breakfast until 11 something then switch to a different menu for the rest of the day. We go through the main food line at least 10 times when we go!

Then you get two week unlimited admission tickets to Sea World and Aquatica for before or after your day at Discovery Cove, so you could go to those parks for free on the other extra day you have. We usually do both in one day.
the included theme park tickets will satiate you
I think you just planned my next Orlando area vacation. I have wanted to see Discovery Cove for a very long time; but, the $200/day price always bothered me. I did not realize this was all inclusive and did not know about the two week Sea World / Aquatica passes. This makes the whole thing seem much more reasonable to me.

Thank you!

If there's one thing in my life that's missing; It's the time I spend alone
Sailing on the cool and bright clear waters; There's lots of those friendly people
Showin me ways to go; And I never want to lose your inspiration
CoolChange is offline   Reply With Quote