How to know which beaches are damaged by the oil?

skyvue

Recycles dryer sheets
Does anybody know of a website or other source where you can get reliable info on which beaches are already damaged with oil? In other words, beaches to avoid if your planning a trip shortly?

I'm looking to travel to Tampa in July. I found this site has some information. They mention a few of the hotels have a "Book With Confidence" which means that " if you arrive to find our pristine beaches affected by the oil spill in any way, your first night is 100% on us---taxes and resort fees included."

Oil Spill Update | St. Petersburg Clearwater vacation and travel

But just because the hotel is free doesn't mean your trip is ruined. If you can no longer goto the beaches, the airfare is non-refundable, etc... Especially if you would rather go somewhere else!

I'm looking to travel to Tampa in July. I found this site has some information. They mention a few of the hotels have a "Book With Confidence" which means that " if you arrive to find our pristine beaches affected by the oil spill in any way, your first night is 100% on us---taxes and resort fees included."

Oil Spill Update | St. Petersburg Clearwater vacation and travel

But just because the hotel is free doesn't mean your trip is ruined. If you can no longer goto the beaches, the airfare is non-refundable, etc... Especially if you would rather go somewhere else!

I live in Sarasota which is below Tampa and so far there has been no oil on our beaches .

TripAdvisor is a pretty good site for such info.

Rich

Don't forget about the smell - some reports say it can be overpowering.

Nice map, via The Big Picture
GoM-Oil-Landfall.png

Back
Top Bottom