Join Early Retirement Today

Old 06-22-2014, 10:46 AM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

We visited but didn't do the hike for lack of time. The ruins are totally worth the trip, however you get there.
Love the proposal picture, kaudrey! How awesome is that story!!

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Inca Trail: Machu Piccu
Old 06-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #22
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Inca Trail: Machu Piccu

I see all of photoguy's pics on my iPad but not Audrey's. They are STUNNING! Thanks for posting.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:51 AM   #23
Recycles dryer sheets

I just returned from my Peru trip yesterday. I went as part of an organised tour and it included Machu Picchu (old mountain). Now is the best time to travel - the winter and crucially the dry season in that part of the world. Be aware that the numbers entering M-P each day are strictly limited and it's best to book an entrance ticket well in advance of travel. I was told similar restrictions are in place on train tickets available from the sacred valley to M-P. If you also want to hike up Wayna-Picchu (young mountain) directly from M-P you need to be on site early in the day and have booked a ticket. They restrict access to 200 W-P visitors a day. Unfortunately we did not have those tickets to W-P and couldn't make that hike although I would have loved to do so.
We had a great trip and also visited Lake Titicaca and La Paz in Bolivia while making side trips to other Inca and pre-Inca archaeological sites.
fosterscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:55 AM   #24
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJackson View Post
Thanks for the info. Seems an exciting and adventurous travel. I'm planning to go there next year. How much is the entrance ticket? Do you have photos of Lake Titicaca?
I found this site really useful when I planned my trip a few years ago: Machu Picchu Tourist Information- a guide to Machu Picchu - "the lost city of the Incas", Peru
travelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #25
Recycles dryer sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJackson View Post
Thanks for the info. Seems an exciting and adventurous travel. I'm planning to go there next year. How much is the entrance ticket? Do you have photos of Lake Titicaca?
I just looked up the ticket prices. S/.126 (nuevo sol) per person (~$45). The train from Ollantaytambo to the base of Macchu Pichu was $69 each way. I'm not sure what the bus up to M-P cost.
Here's a picture from a cafe on Sun Island overlooking Titikaka (lake photos just don't do it justice)
fosterscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 AM   #26
Full time employment: Posting here.

I did the four day Inca Trail hike when I was in my late 20's. It was amazing but definitely a serious workout, especially at that altitude.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
Old 08-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #27
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Lake Titicaca: