Just blew my stimulus $

I had the exact same idea. Travelocity had/has a deal where you get $150 off a flight and 6 nights of a hotel. The total would have been ~450 per person from my east coast airport taxes included. I could easily get by on the other $300 total for 6 days.

A nice week long vacation for $600/person. Then I considered the irony of spending my tax rebate check outside the US, and decided against being unpatriotic. ;)

Instead I'll probably hire a couple of guys from Mexico to come to my house and put on a new roof with our tax rebate check. That's patriotic, right guys??!! :)

We are spending our rebate check on a trip to Europe in June... Well, it pays only for part of the trip, the rest we paid with airline miles... We're staying for a few days in Geneva to visit my folks, and then on to Valencia in Spain for a week of R&R.

I have several ideas for my rebate . Savannah & Charleston , a cruise to New England in the Fall , New Mexico or a lake rental for a month near my daughter . The pull of the new grandson may win out .

Thanks for the pictures. I thought the last one was a baby polar bear (at the theme park) in front of a small tree.

Sounds like a lot of people here have planned to travel with the money (or planned to travel anyway, and the money came at a good time).

The coati isn't that big, but does look pretty cute like a polar bear (except for the big tail). Apparently there are different kinds -- this one was less raccoon-like than others. They mostly live in jungles in the tropics (at least where I saw them in the wild) and eat fruits and rodents. Who needs a house cat? :)

I'm sticking with my original plan....a tank of gas and a gallon of milk. :p

It's a coati and seems to be a hybrid between a polar bear, a monkey, a dog, and a racoon.

Why 129lbs? Is that the average weight of burglars?

Saw a bunch of them when we were in Mazatlan. Snorkeled near a couple of islands off the coast and then had lunch on the island. Kept stealing the tortillas. Nice use of the money.

I'm buying a kayak with my money. Innova has more of their Sunny model available. Yay!

Flying back to the good ol' USA on Lufthansa since I know that airline won't have canceled flights due to not following FAA inspection requirements. Whilst in the USA will support the USA economy by playing golf for a few weeks and attending MLB baseball games.

Moemg, those look like some good deals! (although the requirement to travel within the next 4 weeks seems a bit tight) I am so glad so many businesses are chipping in, in case we don't know how to spend money. :D

Our stimulus is going towards a new roof. DH and I want to take care of all foreseeable big money projects before he quits his second career in December of 09.^-^

Back
Top Bottom