Just got back from 12 Alaska Cruise

Dogman

Recycles dryer sheets
I just got back from a Celebrity cruise. We went to Sita, saw the "bored housewifes of Sita" doing a traditional Russian dance. Determined it must get awfully boring in sita for these women. Then went on to Tracy's Arm a beautiful glacier, then to Juno, Ketikan, Skayway, Victoria, and Astoria, then to San Francisco. It was a nice trip with lots of New Zealand folks on board and met a nice couple from Malta and a couple from the South of France.
The cruise was a little long and it rained a lot, but thats what you get late in the season August 29 into Sept.

Leaving in Oct. for a Fall Foliage cruise on RC out of Boston on to Portland, Maine and up to St. John's first time cruise in this area. We took a bus trip on Insight out of Boston a few years ago and loved it!

Happy travels!:cool:

I just got back from a Celebrity cruise. We went to Sita, saw the "bored housewifes of Sita" doing a traditional Russian dance. Determined it must get awfully boring in sita for these women. Then went on to Tracy's Arm a beautiful glacier, then to Juno, Ketikan, Skayway, Victoria, and Astoria, then to San Francisco. It was a nice trip with lots of New Zealand folks on board and met a nice couple from Malta and a couple from the South of France.
The cruise was a little long and it rained a lot, but thats what you get late in the season August 29 into Sept.

Leaving in Oct. for a Fall Foliage cruise on RC out of Boston on to Portland, Maine and up to St. John's first time cruise in this area. We took a bus trip on Insight out of Boston a few years ago and loved it!

No stop in Settle, eh? ;)

A friend of mine recently told me that he was a history & nature guide / lecturer on the long distance ferries from WA to Alaska in the summers when he was younger.

His favorite question from passengers was "at what elevation are we now?"

They sailed on salt water.

:-D

We have been on both the Alaska cruise and the New England cruise . We really enjoyed both of them . Go to Boston a few days early . There is a lot to see . We took a tour of Fenway and then went to the pub overlooking Fenway . The hop on hop off tour is a must in Boston.

We have been on both the Alaska cruise and the New England cruise . We really enjoyed both of them . Go to Boston a few days early . There is a lot to see . We took a tour of Fenway and then went to the pub overlooking Fenway . The hop on hop off tour is a must in Boston. I loved Portland . The seafood was great . We ate our share of lobster on that trip .

A friend of mine recently told me that he was a history & nature guide / lecturer on the long distance ferries from WA to Alaska in the summers when he was younger.

So did he answer "we're still at sea level."? LOL!

Of course the passengers meant latitude, but couldn't remember the term.

Technically isn't it a valid question?
:)
Is sea level the same all across the ocean?

Eh, be careful or you will get me started on the earth spherical harmonics and the truncated J2 model, geoid separation, gravity anomalies, WGS72 and WGS84 vs Clarke 1886 ellipsoid and NAD27 datum, deflection of the vertical, North American Vertical Datum, etc...

Last edited:
Eh, be careful or you will get me started on the earth spherical harmonics and the truncated J2 model, geoid separation, gravity anomalies, WGS72 and WGS84 vs Clarke 1886 ellipsoid and NAD27 datum, deflection of the vertical, North American Vertical Datum, etc...
Um...er.......:peace:
:flowers:

FIL worked at and drove tours in Navajo country for Goulding's trading post in Monument Valley after WW2. He was tickled by the earnest tourist who wanted to know how many undiscovered ruins there were...

Which reminds me of the father of newborn twins, a girl and a boy, who asked me if they were identical. :facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom