Join Early Retirement Today

Left out in the cold?
Old 03-29-2018, 10:22 PM   #1
Recycles dryer sheets

Left out in the cold?

Here's the situation. I reserved an Airbnb a while back for this coming fall. I happened to see the exact same apartment on some other sites listed as available for the same time as my reservation but for more than twice what I paid for it. Has anyone else encountered this? Should I book another place and cancel this one or should I take my chances and keep this one. The places I am looking at replacing this one with are smaller but cost the same. I'm afraid he may find someone to pay the higher price and I will be left with trying to book another much closer to when I need it and the supply or location may not be ideal. What to do?
Plantman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2018, 10:26 PM   #2
Full time employment: Posting here.

I had that happen and was also concerned. Booked through VRBO and saw the same place listed for more on Airbnb. After a week the listing from Airbnb was removed. I am guessing the person you are renting from has forgotten to remove the other listings for the dates you already booked. Send him a message through Airbnb and ask.
SheitlQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 05:03 AM   #3
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
I am guessing the person you are renting from has forgotten to remove the other listings for the dates you already booked. Send him a message through Airbnb and ask.
You could also ask Airbnb about the situation.
Old 03-30-2018, 05:47 AM   #4
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

You could always request a booking in another name to see if the guy is screwing with you.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #5
Recycles dryer sheets

Take a screenshot of the higher priced listing and send it to Airbnb along with your question. They should be able to help.

Also, you may want to look at the host reviews to see if others reported cancellations - I have noticed a number of these types of reviews from "too cheap to be believed" type listings that I was ready to jump on.
Lagniappe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 02:46 PM   #6
Recycles dryer sheets

Keep in mind that AirBnB and VRBO don't talk to each other, so a reservation made in one system isn't reflected in the other until the owner updates the listing.