Lightweight Camper made in Quebec

Okay, a little bit more thread drift - this is a story out of Alaska. A guy hires a light airplane to fly him to a remote area for fishing. He unwisely leaves bait in the airplane and a bear rips the fabric off the fuselage. Are they going to have to abandon it?

No way. He calls in another pilot who brings with him a few cases of duct tape and they wrap up the airplane and fly it back for proper repair.

I believe the story. I learned to fly in a Piper J-3 Cub and they are of similar construction and don't fly very fast but they'll land in a very short space.

Bear Attacks Plane, Pilot Fixes Plane With Duct Tape, Pilot Flies Duct-Taped Plane Home

Allow me to tell a similar story about flying in Alaska.

A hunter hired a plane to fly him into the wilderness for moose hunting. When the pilot came back to pick him up, he saw that the hunter had brought down two moose.

The pilot got upset: "Why did you shoot two? There's no way we can fly both of them back. It's a waste."

The hunter shrugged: "Last year, I hired a plane just like yours. The pilot strapped both of them to the plane".

The pilot thought about it a bit, then decided that if the earlier pilot could do it, then he should also be able to.

The plane struggled to gain speed, ran out of runway and crashed into the bushes at the end of the landing zone.

When they came to, the pilot, still dazed, asked: "Where are we?"

The hunter, a bit less groggy, responded: "Oh, about 100 yards from the crash spot last year".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom