Looking for advice on vacation to Hawaii

Last edited:
Actually, this is the first hotel allowed to be built on a Hawaiian beach in 25 years. My wife and I looked into buying a unit here. It is kind of tricky, there are three buildings and one is right on the grass/beach. The views from those end units are unbelievable. Some of the ones in the rear building aren't anywhere near as cool. This is a really great (and expensive) condo!

IMO the ONE thing everyone should do in the Islands is visit the Pearl Harbor Memorial. It is FREE, so don't pay anyone to take you there (if you don't have a car, you can take THE BUS). BUT, get there early to get the FREE pass out to the actual memorial (shuttle boat is by the US NAVY).
PM me if you have questions.

I always recommend to folks to go to Pearl Harbor on the first morning you are there. The time lag will ensure you will be getting up in time!

Unless you just met or are newlywed 9 days is a long time on any one island. On all the islands except Honul, the main idea is just to relax and lay on the beach, Sightseeing not much, I have been to all islands about 10 times.
History, sightseeing, good places to eat, and beach on Honul, the rest of the islands best to stay at a resort.

Spend a day in Honolulu, and the rest of your time on the big island. Rent a car and fly to Hilo. Stay in locally owned hotels. There is a family owned chain with hotels in Hilo and Kona. Swim with the sea turtles in Hilo and go to their farmers market. Visit Kens pancake House for their famous Hawaiian breakfast. Drive west and circle the island counter clockwise. See the observatory- you will feel like you are on the moon. Visit cowboy country and the beach at Kona. Visit Kona Brewery. Drive south and hike a volcano at the national park. Go deep sea fishing for Mahi Mahi. Visit black beaches. Eat tons of ceviche. Take a boat tour to the active volcano, and visit the lava flows. There is plenty on the big island to keep you busy a week.

Stay at Maui Four Seasons. Gotta do it once. Then, probably, go back to work.

Back
Top Bottom