Join Early Retirement Today

Old 09-14-2016, 03:30 PM   #21
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom56 View Post
I would recommend Laguna Beach. The water is cold in September so forget swimming.
When I lived in Venice CA I swam year around.. Wore an ordinary speedo and a latex cap. It was cold, but when it's cold no jelly fish to sting you. I only missed during storms, and few to none of these in September-IMO one of the best beach-going months.

People who don't like September are not going to like June, July or August either, unless there is an el niņo going on. Ha
haha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2016, 04:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by haha View Post
People who don't like September are not going to like June, July or August either, unless there is an el niņo going on. Ha
Absolutely right.

For one thing, your body can adjust to cold water over time (a week or so).

Another point is that those who swim or surf in water around 60 degrees (plus or minus a few) will usually wear at least a thin "shorty" wetsuit and a cap. Doing so make a huge difference.

When I lived in Monterey, the water tended to be fairly cold, but a 5-10 minute swim was always enjoyable for me. Longer than that would probably be unpleasant, but if you're just on vacation you probably aren't interested in extended swims.
braumeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:03 AM   #23
Full time employment: Posting here.

Lots of cool places, I have done a cursory search and will have to get more detailed when I have some more time, but it seems to fill up fast (some of the VRBO's that I checked out). I am thinking the best time will be within the first two weeks of August, daughter in law is a grade school educator and classes usually start the end of August.

I checked out crystal pier, that place looks awesome, maybe not the best for this group but something for just DW and I
Old 10-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #24
Dryer sheet wannabe

Laguna Beach and Encinitas Beach are both iconic Southern Ca beaches
If you want to go really upscale then consider La Jolla and Del Mar
Ken

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum
nycboy1950 is offline   Reply With Quote