Memphis ER Board Members?

Fireup2020

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'll be heading to Memphis (Millington, actually) in a couple weeks for a couple weeks. Suggestions for must see's and restaurants encouraged. Any one living there interested in meeting for dinner one evening? (14-29 Sep) (BTW, Graceland is NOT on my list of things to do, nor am I a big country/western fan)

Rendezvous seems to be on everyone's list! LOL Must check it out :) Will be there in a week...unsure about the humidity - if it is like other southern areas, I think I will drown!

Rendezvous seems to be on everyone's list! LOL Must check it out :) Will be there in a week...unsure about the humidity - if it is like other southern areas, I think I will drown!
I've been to Memphis many times; however it's been a few years since I've made a visit to this city.

I'm sure one thing hasn't changed...the humidity. It will sap the energy right out of ya...:dead:

I've been to Memphis many times; however it's been a few years since I've made a visit to this city.

I'm sure one thing hasn't changed...the humidity. It will sap the energy right out of ya...:dead:

Easy fix. Drink plenty of med's.
img_853697_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

Actually, it's been pretty comfortable the last week or so. Now that take with the fact that we've lived here in MS 3 years now, so we are getting used to the heat and humidity...but Memphis is about 2 1/2 hrs north of us, so it should be even cooler.

We were just in Memphis 2 weekends ago. Have been to Rendezvous and enjoyed Beale Street. Haven't explored anything else yet!

Any one living there interested in meeting for dinner one evening? (14-29 Sep) (BTW, Graceland is NOT on my list of things to do, nor am I a big country/western fan)
C'mon, you guys don't have to be shy. Fireup and I shared a very enjoyable lunch a couple years ago in NYC, and now she's an officer and a gentleman by an act of Congress...

And if you're a veteran with any questions about active duty or the Reserves or the VA or veteran's benefits-- she has answers.

I have not been there for over 30 years... but back in my military days, Overton Square was a place to visit. Not sure what it is like today... of course back then I was about 19 and I will admit never sober when I went there (or at least by the time I left). ;)

I think Beale street has replaced Overton Square as the entertainment spot. It has a Blues theme. Welcome to the world famous Beale Street

If you are an Elvis fan, you can stop in and see Graceland.

I have not checked... but those old southern cities always seem to have a number of historical sites one can visit.

Maybe too late but you gotta eat at Gus' fried chicken on Front street. Another artery clogging must is Dyers' down on Beale. Take the free trolley. The ducks at the Peabody are neat. Mud Island is pretty cool, nice homes.

Back
Top Bottom