Month-long FL rentals

steelyman

Moderator Emeritus
I am pretty sure I saw a recent discussion about Florida properties and rentals and a mention was made by someone of good places that could offer multi-week or monthly rentals. But for the life of me, I cannot find that thread :confused: . I am thinking about going down to Siesta Key/Sarasota in February as I understand it is a very nice area. Any tips appreciated!

Try VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner). Siesta Key is one of the nicest places in Florida. Great beach. One place I've stayed in the past is called Midnight Cove.

Call my friend Bruce. He has offered me his place (free of charge) several times.:D One of these [-]days[/-] winters, I'll take him up on it.

Siesta Key is very nice but Venice and Anna Marie Island are as nice and probably more reasonably priced . February is the peak of season . To me November and late March to early April are the best months weather wise .

I went through TripAdvisor.com for a one week house rental in Marathon in the Keys. I assume they are partnered with one of the usual suspects already mentioned, but they provide some nice reviews of rentals and things to do.

+1 on VRBO as a source of properties. We've used them for condos & houses on Maui, Oahu, Marco Island, FL, St George, UT, Humacao, PR, St Maarten, NA, St Croix, USVI, Pigeon Forge, TN, etc., and have always had superb results. You deal directly with the property owner, and VRBO's feedback system weeds out the bad actors.

Back
Top Bottom