Mototaxi Junket

Congratulations Sarah, that was quite an adventure.

We are glad that you are OK.

Thanks so much! We are at Mancora Beach for a bit longer, then have to fly back to the states on the 21st. Have seen some amazing places and wonderful people here.
Roughing it? :D

What a fantastic adventure. Congratulations and thanks for sharing it.

Congratulations.

I'm canceling that life insurance policy I took out on you.

travelover said:
Congratulations.

I'm canceling that life insurance policy I took out on you.

I know! I was kinda disappointed that we didn't need ours!
We have the interesting distinction of being the only ream that didn't break down on the road, along with the only team that didn't pay any police bribes either (thanks. Michael!).

That's a great photo of you all around the mototaxis, Sarah--you all look just a little tuckered out but happy!

So I've finally sorted out a few of the 1780 pictures, washed all the clothes, returned the borrowed items, and resigned myself to life at the office. Or at least that is what I'm aiming for. But, I thought a few of you might enjoy seeing a few of our favorite trip moments.

The first is a video shot by the team that we traveled with during the rally, a great group of folks that are now considered good friends.
Peru 2012: The Adventurists Mototaxi Junket - Video Dailymotion

The second link is to our "best of" pictures on Picasa, but for the really bored, there are 5 other albums, for each of the major sections of our month-long trip. No one should really be that bored, though. :)
https://picasaweb.google.com/116938719351840276813/BestOfPeru

Chris is going to put together a video for us similar to the one above, but including some footage I've got of DH driving a boat on the Amazon River and other choice bits. I do have a Youtube site with a few of those videos, more funny when I'm sitting there with a beer next to you explaining them, but for the true gluttons for punishment: http://www.youtube.com/user/mclesters/videos

We were honored to be a part of the rally, treasured the many new friends we made along the way, awed by both the people and the places of Peru, and hope very much to embrace the joie de vivre of the eclectic and international group of young folks we met who were our fellow participants. It brought to mind one of my favorite quotes:

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. ― Mark Twain

Back
Top Bottom