Join Early Retirement Today

Old 01-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #81
Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso)
Give me a forum ...

Congratulations.

I'm canceling that life insurance policy I took out on you.

Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelover
Congratulations.

I'm canceling that life insurance policy I took out on you.
I know! I was kinda disappointed that we didn't need ours!
We have the interesting distinction of being the only ream that didn't break down on the road, along with the only team that didn't pay any police bribes either (thanks. Michael!).

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah in SC View Post
along with the only team that didn't pay any police bribes either
Even I can't make that claim. Very impressive indeed. The US was well represented - good show.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #84
Moderator Emeritus

That's a great photo of you all around the mototaxis, Sarah--you all look just a little tuckered out but happy!
Old 02-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #85

So I've finally sorted out a few of the 1780 pictures, washed all the clothes, returned the borrowed items, and resigned myself to life at the office. Or at least that is what I'm aiming for. But, I thought a few of you might enjoy seeing a few of our favorite trip moments.

The first is a video shot by the team that we traveled with during the rally, a great group of folks that are now considered good friends.
Peru 2012: The Adventurists Mototaxi Junket - Video Dailymotion

The second link is to our "best of" pictures on Picasa, but for the really bored, there are 5 other albums, for each of the major sections of our month-long trip. No one should really be that bored, though.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1169387...813/BestOfPeru

Chris is going to put together a video for us similar to the one above, but including some footage I've got of DH driving a boat on the Amazon River and other choice bits. I do have a Youtube site with a few of those videos, more funny when I'm sitting there with a beer next to you explaining them, but for the true gluttons for punishment: http://www.youtube.com/user/mclesters/videos

We were honored to be a part of the rally, treasured the many new friends we made along the way, awed by both the people and the places of Peru, and hope very much to embrace the joie de vivre of the eclectic and international group of young folks we met who were our fellow participants. It brought to mind one of my favorite quotes:

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. ― Mark Twain

Sarah in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #86
Give me a forum ...

I loved , loved ,loved the video especially your husbands answer to why he was doing it . What an incredible journey !
Old 02-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #87
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

That was great!

Thanks for sharing the video.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:06 AM   #88
Give me a forum ...

Well done.