Mystic Connecticut

Sarah S

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi all
In September I want to take a short trip to Mystic and would like advice especially on where to stay. We plan to do the Aquarium Seaport Museum and Old Mystick. We will not be visiting Mohegan Sun!

Thanks in advance

2 years ago we stayed at the Comfort Inn. Nothing special, but good value for price.
But next time I would stay in easy walkable distance to town center.
Take your time for the Seaport Museum. We came back the next day.

Thanks so much. Anyone have a suggestion as to what is within walking distance? Finding it hard to figure out on web!

I found the map at tripadvisor quite helpful but they do not show the drawbridge correctly. It is on R1, not on Pearl street. LOL.

Mystic Seaport and Mystic Aquarium.

If you care enough to take it off your bucket list, you can go have a slice of pizza at "Mystic Pizza" made famous by the Julia Roberts movie of the same name. The funny thing is, I don't think they filmed any of the movie there (I could be wrong) and when I tried their pizza, it was average at best.

If you like wineries, you can try Stonington Vineyards. I wasn't too impressed with their operation and my wife and I were the only people who showed up for the tour that day. Still, it was an OK thing to do while we were in the area and we bought a few bottles of wine which I remember being pretty good.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn just on the other side of the freeway from Mystic. Just like all the other Hampton Inns. The major attractions have lots of parking, so I didn't find driving bad. However the old portion of town with all the small shops was tough to drive into and impossible to park in. Last time we were there we had lunch at Sea Swirl, a little fast food place with a fairly wide variety of the usual food and ice cream. It was a fun break from the usual chains.

Back
Top Bottom