Join Early Retirement Today

Naples, Bonita or Ft Myers--2 month rental
Old 02-25-2009, 05:11 PM   #1
Dryer sheet wannabe

Naples, Bonita or Ft Myers--2 month rental

I am a high school administrator who will retire after one more school year and want to spend a couple of months in Florida. We love Naples but have only spent one week at a time. I am an avid golfer so that comes into play as well. I think we would like Fe
Any advice on places, prices, or strategies to find a good deal?
msully76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that Early-Retirement.org is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There has never been a better time to buy than now, Naples on up to Venice. Sarasota is great, too, but probably holding its own a bit more. Fort Myers would be a great place too, and prices are very low.

Good luck. We love this area.

As if you didn't know..If the above message contains medical content, it's NOT intended as advice, and may not be accurate, applicable or sufficient. Don't rely on it for any purpose. Consult your own doctor for all medical advice.
Rich_by_the_Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #3
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

I used to live in Ft. Myers and loved it. It has built up so much but still a great area. Naples is generally a little more pricey and most of the golf courses are private. I moved to the Tampa area but if I had to do it all over again, I'd be looking at the area from Venice down through Port Charlott. Lower prices, a little more laid back and more public golf courses.
JOHNNIE36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #4
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by msully76 View Post
I am a high school administrator who will retire after one more school year and want to spend a couple of months in Florida. We love Naples but have only spent one week at a time. I am an avid golfer so that comes into play as well. I think we would like Fe
Any advice on places, prices, or strategies to find a good deal?

Check out VRBO . Vacation Rentals buy owner .com . Naples is very nice just pricey . I really like Venice . It's smaller than Fort Meyers with a quaint downtown , golf courses and a nice beach .
Moemg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Full time employment: Posting here.

I second Rich's and Moemg's recommendation of Venice and also look at Englewood. We spend about six weeks a year there and love it. We just got back from two weeks there and the prices are incredible!
Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #6
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post

Here's a cottage that is dog friendly. It's surrounded by water on two sides, fenced on the other side. Hmmmm? I wonder if there are any gator neighbors? Do they like Golden Retrievers?

Venice Florida - Cottage
Zoocat is offline   Reply With Quote