Nice dinner with R-I-T in Clearwater Beach, Fl

donheff

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
DW and I are traveling down the west coast of Florida and stopped in Clearwater Beach near St Petersburg. Rich (Rich-in-Tampa) and his wife Lynn met us for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant nearby. It was great meeting them. Unfortunately, we both forgot our cameras and had a hard time making do with our cellphones. I was able to get a poor shot of Rich and Lynn but the waitresses were unable to get one of the four of us:

Attachments

• rich_lynn.jpg
    rich_lynn.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 8
Rich, you are so busted for wearing the same shirt all the time:

attachment.php

What bike rides have you gone on?

What bike rides have you gone on?
We stopped in Inverness on the way down and rode the Withlacoochi Trail. See picture of camel by the side of the trail below. Here, so far we have ridden down the beach a couple of days ago and then across to the mainland and up to Tarpon Springs on the Pinellas Trail yesterday. Tomorrow we are going to do a big loop down the Pinellas and then back along the beach.

Attachments

• 0108w.jpg
    0108w.jpg
    349.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 0110w.jpg
    0110w.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 1
  • 0120w.jpg
    0120w.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 2
Rich and Lynn are a lovely couple. :flowers: Thanks for sharing the photo. :)

Here I thought that was the official Early-Retirement.Org moderator emeritus shirt.

I like that shirt! Plus, I'd be happy to be in Florida right now. Once the airports reopen, DH and I might be on the next flight to Tampa. Beats the hell out of this. And no, that's not a terrorist. It's DH sporting a groovy ski mask to keep from freezing his face off.

CatMad3.gif

Yeah, I know. I'm gonna wear that fluffy cat thingy out. Thanks again bbbamI. Somehow, it's keeping me sane!

Attachments

• P1010223.JPG
    P1010223.JPG
    415.4 KB · Views: 5
I like that shirt! Plus, I'd be happy to be in Florida right now. Once the airports reopen, DH and I might be on the next flight to Tampa. Beats the hell out of this. And no, that's not a terrorist. It's DH sporting a groovy ski mask to keep from freezing his face off.
Finally, someone with taste in clothing. ;)

Y'all come on down. So many restaurants, so little time. I promise I will wear that shirt if you do.

If Rich is like me, he normally wears golf shirts, T shirts, shorts and flip flops. Keep a pair of dress pants and shirt available for special occasions. Which is rare. When I worked, I would go to the cleaners every couple of weeks with similar clothing. In my almost 3 years of retirement, I haven't been to the cleaners once. :D

DW and I are traveling down the west coast of Florida and stopped in Clearwater Beach near St Petersburg. Rich (Rich-in-Tampa) and his wife Lynn met us for dinner at a nice Italian restaurant nearby. It was great meeting them.
It really was great meeting the Donheffs. Surprising how much you have in common with people though you've never met before. Too bad about the other pictures not coming out.

Hope the rest of your break goes well and that the snow back home has mostly melted by the time you get there.

Maybe it's his best shirt and he breaks it out everytime he meets someone from the ER forum.
Rich, I thought those were your formal (collared) scrubs... you're putting in the long hours to get ahead of your surgery quota in preparation for ESR, right?

Rich, I thought those were your formal (collared) scrubs... you're putting in the long hours to get ahead of your surgery quota in preparation for ESR, right?
:D

No, mostly operating nowadays with shorts, a clean t-shirt and flip-flots. And gloves. Worst part is dealing with the sun block dripping into my eyes, but someone alwasy seems to wipe my forehead just in time.

Sam Jaffe as Dr. David Zorba from the "Ben Casey" TV series.

Thanks. I was wrong - never heard of him or seen the TV series.

Sigh, it's bad enough when you can't remember a face you've seen but even worse when you can't remember a face you only thought you'd seen :LOL:

We should make Rich an Honorary Engineer for wearing the same [-]clothes[/-] style shirt. :cool:
I can personally attest that his shoelaces were tied. :LOL:
Hey, a diehard engineer would own 10 of the same shirt so that he'd only have to do laundry twice a month...

... and loafers. Or, as Rich has already pointed out, slippers.

Hey, a diehard engineer would own 10 of the same shirt so that he'd only have to do laundry twice a month...

... and loafers. Or, as Rich has already pointed out, slippers.

... and pocket protectors to prevent ink stains from ruining the shirts.

Back
Top Bottom