North Sea Bicycle Trip

savory

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Another (this is our forth long bike tour) great bicycling adventure. The North Sea bicycle ride was just over 2,000 miles/3,000 km. Nearly perfect weather.
The nice parts were really nice and the not so nice parts, (dykes blocking ocean views, passing through farms with heavy gates which keep the sheep from escaping, and sheep poop on the trail) made for some longer stretches.
The food, especially the bread and pastry were outstanding. The people we met and rode with along the way added to the enjoyment and cultural learning. The bicycling infrastructure, inside and outside of towns, was well beyond expectations even though I have been reading about it for years.
Perhaps the best thing is that we are still healthy enough and have the time and wherewithal to take this type of holiday. A special thanks to DW who does virtually all the planning. Without her, these trips would not happen.

Oh, wow. This was news to me. From a quick search, looks Very Nice.

Very nice indeed!

Did you go with a tour group, or do it on your own? If the latter, many kudos to your DW / tour planner! :)

Last edited:
Great trip. Thanks for sharing. How long did it take?
We like to do bike rides along rivers, like Danubian from spring to Budapest, but split into 2 trips.

Our trips are self contained. But we have done a few supported rides that are wonderful but expensive. This ride was about 2 months.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

DW and I go for the supported tours. Sort of food and wine with cycling thrown in. I envy people like you who get out and do it on your own to a degree but don't embrace the hard parts of that :) Keep it up as long as you can.

Sounds great. I'd be interested in any pictures that you took along the way. - Zorba

Very inspiring! Something to work towards...Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Wow. What an outstanding adventure. I purchased my first bike in over 40 years just last year. I enjoy riding nature trails near my coastal condo, but would never have the guts to tackle a trip like yours. Wish I had the intestinal fortitude to do so.

Wow, that is a great journal! Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

cool trip. have to see if I can get DW back on a bike. If not... well just have to hike

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom