on top of old smoky - the road trip

So I guess the worst of all worlds is rain wet, sticky, slippery bear droppings with bells in it and a smell of pepper spray?

further south & west of there in chattanooga many families found themselves in war against each other. so i guess even tennessee is not as deep south as ya'all might imagined.

Heck Lazy, we still "war against each other" every chance we can get. It's a southern "thang"..

Glad you enjoyed your trip. You were around my old stomping grounds during my college days there at Norris Lake and rode your bike within miles of my easy chair.

You come back, you hear

Hillbilly

thanx hillbilly. i most certainly will return. you live in a beautiful part of the country worthy, certainly, of more than just one visit. my brother loves it so much there that he bought two properties on norris lake. will be so great when he builds us a cabin there (notice how i included me in that--hey, that's what ya do when you don't have your parents to mooch off any more.) and even better, next time he wants to bring some paid help along to do the cooking, cleaning and watch the kids so we have more lake time for ourselves. my mother never would have allowed for that so i don't know who spoiled him, but, sweet.

thanx hillbilly. i most certainly will return. you live in a beautiful part of the country worthy, certainly, of more than just one visit. my brother loves it so much there that he bought two properties on norris lake. will be so great when he builds us a cabin there (notice how i included me in that--hey, that's what ya do when you don't have your parents to mooch off any more.) and even better, next time he wants to bring some paid help along to do the cooking, cleaning and watch the kids so we have more lake time for ourselves. my mother never would have allowed for that so i don't know who spoiled him, but, sweet.

:eek: Not so loud Lazy, let's keep this place a secret,,, we are all just "Hillbilly" type folk around here, there's nothing about this place that is so great :cool:

Seriously, glad you enjoyed. We were joking at work the other day about people paying $1M for mountain lots to have views of our city, while about 10 miles away, there is a trailer park that has a $1M view. Makes one wonder...

PM me before your next visit and I'll give you some off the path areas/places to visit in the area. Good luck with the cabin(s).

I am back in Chattanooga to take care of my mother after her surgery. This place changes each time I come back. It has taken on a more modern flair and the NorthShore (where I used to live) has gone from some seedy bars and greasy spoon restaurants to a real Yuppie mecca of high end bike shops, upscale condos, riverfront parks and mile and mile of bike trails. it is a nice change and I look forward to seeing what the next 5 years brings.

Back
Top Bottom