Open Ended Trip Reservations?

TromboneAl

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We're going to take the train to Denver in October and visit our daughter.

I'm not sure if we'll be bored, and want to come back in a week, or enjoying hanging out in Denver and want to stay longer. It's pretty likely that a week will be plenty, but I like to keep my options open.

From experimenting, return airfare would be only $90 more (for the two of us), if we didn't book a return flight until we'd been there a few days. That is, when I search for flights for the very next day, it's only $90 more.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this?

We're going to take the train to Denver in October and visit our daughter.

I'm not sure if we'll be bored, and want to come back in a week, or enjoying hanging out in Denver and want to stay longer. It's pretty likely that a week will be plenty, but I like to keep my options open.

From experimenting, return airfare would be only $90 more (for the two of us), if we didn't book a return flight until we'd been there a few days. That is, when I search for flights for the very next day, it's only $90 more.

Any thoughts on the best way to do this?
Why don't you fly out and take the train back? I don't think train fares fluctuate nearly as much, nor do you get hit for near last minute departures. There's also almost always room, whereas planes are more likely to fill up or you might get stuck with 2 middle seats.

Why don't you fly out and take the train back? I don't think train fares fluctuate nearly as much, nor do you get hit for near last minute departures. There's also almost always room, whereas planes are more likely to fill up or you might get stuck with 2 middle seats.

Actually we found that the superliner bedrooms went pretty fast.

Getting middle seats is something I hadn't considered.

Back
Top Bottom