Our 2008 Travels

I'm just delighted to learn there is a name for this, the Ken Burns effect! Neat reading.

The Wikipedia link also said this:
On the Windows platform, AVS Video Editor, Windows Movie Maker, Pinnacle Studio, Sony Vegas Studio (and Movie), Ulead VideoStudio, Adobe Premiere, PicturesToExe also have pan and zoom features built in or available through third party extensions which may be used to achieve the effect. Microsoft Photo Story is a free application that creates videos with both random and customiseable Ken Burns Effects automatically from selected images. Another free multiplatform Ken Burns effect application is PhotoFilmStrip.

Now I'm even more intrigued.

I think the "Ken Burns effect" is especially important for Ken Burns. :LOL:

When the duration on "screen" is short, the pan/zoom is less useful. For when the voice-over/soundtrack goes on for an extended period with the same "still photo" on screen, the pan/zoom adds visual interest/dimension.

One problem with all these geehaws is the tendency to over-use them. Sometimes less is more...

Having said that, I may have to look for the pan/zoom add-on.

When the duration on "screen" is short, the pan/zoom is less useful. For when the voice-over/soundtrack goes on for an extended period with the same "still photo" on screen, the pan/zoom adds visual interest/dimension.

Did you watch the video in the Link I provided in Message #23?

Ron, I just watched it. Pretty cool effects for sure, but it got a bit tiresome by about half-way, but maybe that's because engagement pictures are boring to me. :)

Did you watch the video in the Link I provided in Message #23?

Yes. Nicely done, though I stand by my opinion that sometimes less is more. But then, I hated "Blair Witch Project"; that herky-jerky camera thing gets on my nerves after a while...

Yeah, it is like being forced to watch someone's vacation 8mm movies, huh? On the other hand, I did warn that it was a commercial project. If it was your (or a close relative's) wedding, you would most likely watch it a hundred times before getting bored... and then years later...

Anyway, I meant only for it to be a showcase of the abilities of the program. And not that they are all that unique to Proshow which, by the nature of the game, doesn't have features another program might have. I guess, what I meant for it to be was inspiration.

I guess, what I meant for it to be was inspiration.

Yes, definitely on the inspiration! But I'm easily annoyed by those kinds of pictures, because I live in wedding-land and I'm a crotchety old lady. :D

It does give me some good ideas for my slideshow, but I think the real key for me is to keep it to 3 minutes or so. The last video I edited (only my second ever) ran to 7.5 minutes long and boy does it seem to take forever, to me!

Yes, definitely on the inspiration! But I'm easily annoyed by those kinds of pictures, because I live in wedding-land and I'm a crotchety old lady. :D

It does give me some good ideas for my slideshow, but I think the real key for me is to keep it to 3 minutes or so. The last video I edited (only my second ever) ran to 7.5 minutes long and boy does it seem to take forever, to me!

Well, if it's any consolation, I was forced to use Kenny Rogers' "Through The Years" for my folks' anniversary video. Thankfully, it was too short to last the entire video, so I ended with The Beatles' "When I'm Sixty-Four"... :cool:

Yeah, it is like being forced to watch someone's vacation 8mm movies, huh? On the other hand, I did warn that it was a commercial project. If it was your (or a close relative's) wedding, you would most likely watch it a hundred times before getting bored... and then years later...

Anyway, I meant only for it to be a showcase of the abilities of the program. And not that they are all that unique to Proshow which, by the nature of the game, doesn't have features another program might have. I guess, what I meant for it to be was inspiration.

I'd really be p*ssed if it was my wedding... :eek:

HFWR, two time [-]winner[/-] loser

... ran to 7.5 minutes long and boy does it seem to take forever, to me!

See my earlier "9 minutes is a lifetime" comment. However, having said that, I notice no one (not only here but others) complained of my video being too long only that it was too fast (busy?). At this time, I am spending tremendous amounts of brain time thinking on all of the comments so hopefully there is a solution... and that I will find it.

Well, to be completely honest, I only lasted to the 5 minute mark myself, but I figured that in that amount of time, I got the gist of what you were doing. :hide:

I liked the fast-speed flip card approach. It was unique, and you can always pause if something in particular strikes you, or raises a Q.

-ERD50

I liked the fast-speed flip card approach. It was unique, and you can always pause if something in particular strikes you, or raises a Q.

Me, too. However, I can now see the need for tweaking -- some pauses, some Title Slides to identify locations, etc.

Back
Top Bottom