Panama

My suggestion is to avoid the Zika-carrying mosquitoes.

And the ones carrying dengue fever, yellow fever, malaria, west Nile ect.

The French had 20K die, Americans 6K building the canal. It's been said that 1 man died for every railroad tie, building the line from Panama City to Colon.

The world is a dangerous place. On second thought, maybe I'll stay home with the curtains drawn.:)

Last edited:
If you're interested in sustainable living, there's a place not too far from Panama City called Kalu Yala. I'm not sure what they do with respect to day visitors...most of the people there are students between semesters.

Haven't been yet but want to go maybe next year.
What parts are you planning to see and how long?

Haven't been yet but want to go maybe next year.
What parts are you planning to see and how long?

I'm staying in Panama City for 9 days. My main focus is the Panama Canal, and to a lesser extent the rail line from Panama City to Colon. I haven't made reservations yet for the Canal tour, but there is a partial and full transit available. I'll just see how it goes. I'd like to go fishing on Lake Gatun for peacock bass and see Monkey Island too.

Casco Viejo, which is the old historic part of Panama City, looks very interesting. There are a few language schools that I plan to check-out. I would be open to spending an extended amount of time somewhere learning Spanish. This might be it.

I'm embarrassed by my poor grasp of Spanish, I've worked with many people over the years that have helped me and I should be fluent. Guess I'm a poor student. Immersion is the best way. You have to learn to survive.

I'm staying in Panama City for 9 days. My main focus is the Panama Canal, and to a lesser extent the rail line from Panama City to Colon. I haven't made reservations yet for the Canal tour, but there is a partial and full transit available. I'll just see how it goes. I'd like to go fishing on Lake Gatun for peacock bass and see Monkey Island too.

Casco Viejo, which is the old historic part of Panama City, looks very interesting. There are a few language schools that I plan to check-out. I would be open to spending an extended amount of time somewhere learning Spanish. This might be it.

I'm embarrassed by my poor grasp of Spanish, I've worked with many people over the years that have helped me and I should be fluent. Guess I'm a poor student. Immersion is the best way. You have to learn to survive.

I found Panama City very boring. 2 days is plenty. Explore the rest of the country!

I found Panama City very boring. 2 days is plenty. Explore the rest of the country!

2 of my 9 days are travel days, and I figure 1 easy day chillaxin'. So maybe 6 total site seeing. I would consider a day trip to Boquete but it's not really a hoppin' place, just nice weather. Any extra days I could spend fishing or in a bar with really cold beer practicing my Spanish. Mi Amor tu ojos muy bonita.:LOL:

Definitely get any vaccinations that you can to help avoid the numerous tropical diseases.

Back
Top Bottom