Philippines

boostah

Confused about dryer sheets
Sorry for dragging up an old post (couldnt reply to my own post; 3 years old; was too old so put it in here) but i never made a blog about my retirement so thought I'd update here. Basically, everything has worked as planned. I have 3 properties renting with agents which bring in enough money to give me an ok lifestyle in the Philippines. However when theres times they dont rent or I've other payments to make things can get sticky. Especially since i met a girl here and am putting her through her last two years at college which takes a big chunk out, so i end up scraping the bottom of the barell a bit right now, which im not very happy about. However there is another move i could make to make the jump in lifestyle i need. One of the main problems is that I have a very nice condo unit here in a very posh part of town, thats what got me the perminant investor visa and i was able to get it all in my name. It has a very nice mortgage too, so my next plan might be to downzise to believe it or not a house, which would be about half the price outside the city or sell my investments in uk to put them into some commercial property here and do it that way at least, i could be more hands on with the running of it and closer to my investments which was actually my initial plan, but because i met the girl she wanted to work back in europe as a nurse, I was willing to retrace my steps so that she could and bring in more money and I was even going to train as an airline pilot, but I'm not so sure now as I'm quite content here, I really am, all i need is a bit more cashflow and if I jumble things about a bit its quite possible, plus I dont really want to be going back into a stressfull enviroment, although it gains a lot more respect from family and peers and it may even be fun. Thats where I am three years later. Any advide or thoughts or anyone else in a similar situation would love too hear from you.

Dump the condo, buy outside of town. May want to consider dumping the girl...sugar daddies tend to get dumped when there ain't no more sugar. I have troublle investing in things that really need some "hands-on" without being in-country since I cannot easily touch and feel what and when I need to. So I would have my hands-on investments where I live, the market investments could be made anywhere via the web.
R

Back
Top Bottom